AX8 - Can this be done?

WITELITE

Experienced
I've checked the manual and I've come up short but may be something I'm missing.

I have a setup that includes Piezo, a GR55 synth and the regular electric guitar. On the Axe FX, I can split the GR55 to output 2 using the SND, RTRN and FXL blocks but I can't see how to do this on the AX8.

Since there are no SND and RTRN blocks the best I can see doing is mixing the input 2 so it comes in output 1 through the use of the FXL block or splitting input 1 to send a separate signal of input 1 to input 2.

Is there no way to send input 2 to output 2?

Thanks

MM

I don't think you can send Input 2 to Output 2 since the signal can't go left in the grid and there is only one FXL block.

You could go Input 1 -> Output 2 and Input 2 -> Output 1, if you need to have completely separate paths.

That's a cool out of the box suggestion my friend! Never thought of that but the challenge for me is I use both input 2's (one for synth and one for piezo). which I would want separate from the electric signal. Thanks though. I hope they can add this feature like the Axe FX has.

MM

4ht8vs.png

It can be done like this. And you can even have different paths for Input 2's left and right by using Input Select in Volume/Pan block (maybe some other blocks also have this).

Magnetic pickups -> Input 1
Piezo -> Input 2 left
Synth -> Input 2 right

Output 2 has everything before FXL
Output 1 can have piezo in left and synth in right, or both in stereo.

This works!! You are awesome. Virtual beer on its way until/if they implement send/return like axe fx.

But question - What is going on in your preset after the FXL. What is the delay doing in the example? Is it going to input 1? And any reason for volume block to be post FXL vs Pre?

Thanks so much!!

MM

The volume blocks are routing Input 2 left (piezo) to the delay and Input 2 right (synth) to the chorus.

Of course you could just have one path after the FXL if you wanted to have the same effects for both.

Very cool. And I guess if you want delay for the main guitar you just stick it before FXL. This is a cool solution. Hard to believe you only have 4 message posts. I guess Im the beneficiary of almost all of them! Thanks!!!!

Last question that maybe you have a solution for. Any ideas of your electric signal chain uses most all of the blocks going left to right.
Unless I am again missing something, what follows FXL is what is sent to input 1 and if i need say 2 blocks for input 1 (like in your example), that would mean i am limited to 9 blocks for the magnetic signal (FXL in column 10 sending down to rows for columns 11 &12). Any ideas around this? Here's my before

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsewryjnn1ynzis/Screenshot 2017-07-09 10.59.19.png?dl=0

Very cool. And I guess if you want delay for the main guitar you just stick it before FXL. This is a cool solution. Hard to believe you only have 4 message posts. I guess Im the beneficiary of almost all of them! Thanks!!!!

Glad to help. I have only owned my AX8 for a month, but this just seemed like an interesting challenge to figure out.

Unless I am again missing something, what follows FXL is what is sent to input 1 and if i need say 2 blocks for input 1 (like in your example), that would mean i am limited to 9 blocks for the magnetic signal (FXL in column 10 sending down to rows for columns 11 &12). Any ideas around this?

Sorry, I can't think of a way to bypass this limitation :)

Witelite did you have any patches you could share with this setup you talked about here?

I'm trying to do something similar :)

Back
Top Bottom