AX8 & Cab-Lab

Thanks Leon, I never would of known how powerful this Program was until I watched this video! BTW just subscribed to your You Tube channel. Love the Content.

Thanks Leon, I never would of known how powerful this Program was until I watched this video! BTW just subscribed to your You Tube channel. Love the Content.
Cheers for the sub. Cab-Lab is wicked, as I said it really helps fine tune the amp/cab/mic relationship.

Third party IR's can really open up some new tonal horizons with the AX8 but using them with Cab-Lab takes the customisation to a whole new level. Here's a quick example of how it works to make custom IR blends that can be ported back into the AX8. Huge thanks to @Admin M@ and @York Audio for getting me onto this!

Thanks for the video Leon! It is because of your video demo that I am purchasing Cab Lab. I had read about it, but never really saw a good demo of it before to see if it was something that would be of use to me. Thanks!

Thanks for the video Leon! It is because of your video demo that I am purchasing Cab Lab. I had read about it, but never really saw a good demo of it before to see if it was something that would be of use to me. Thanks!
VEry happy to have helped man, let me know if you have any questions :)

VEry happy to have helped man, let me know if you have any questions :)

Great vid, Leon! Very helpful. Does this program still require iLok? I've heard nightmare stories about iLok which to be honest is why I've held off on Cablab.

Cab lab is awesome. The new “Mini” Cab Lab or Cab Lab “Light” that comes with the III is incredible. Such a great tool.

Leon,

I just purchased Cab Lab and am getting nowhere with it. What kind of file needs to be loaded into it...sys, IR, wav etc...? I went back to the Ownhammer store and downloaded the 48k set of IR's from the new Greenback pack and don't know where to go from here.

Edit: may have gotten somewhere. I'm used to setting my interface to 'Input' to hear the AX8 directly thru my monitors. Since the signal is being processed by Cablab prior to output, I was only hearing the direct signal with no cabinet modeling instead of the processed signal. And it seems that .wav files don't work in Cablab, only .ir files.

Last edited:
Can Cab-Lab be used to mix the stock cabs as well or just the 3rd party IRs?
Just third party IR's AFAIK

Leon,

I just purchased Cab Lab and am getting nowhere with it. What kind of file needs to be loaded into it...sys, IR, wav etc...? I went back to the Ownhammer store and downloaded the 48k set of IR's from the new Greenback pack and don't know where to go from here.

Edit: may have gotten somewhere. I'm used to setting my interface to 'Input' to hear the AX8 directly thru my monitors. Since the signal is being processed by Cablab prior to output, I was only hearing the direct signal with no cabinet modeling instead of the processed signal. And it seems that .wav files don't work in Cablab, only .ir files.

Wav files in the correct format should work fine

I'm a new AX8 user trying to decide weather I should get the standalone version, or the plugin version of Cab Lab 3. I use Logic X and have an audio interface. I'm wondering if the standalone version would be all I need as an AX8 user? I saw the comparison chart of the standalone vs the plugin version. I'm not completely clear which would serve me best as an AX8 user.

Last edited:
I'm a new AX8 user trying to decide weather I should get the standalone version, or the plugin version of Cab Lab 3. I use Logic X and have an audio interface. I'm wondering if the standalone version would be all I need as an AX8 user? I saw the comparison chart of the standalone vs the plugin version. I'm not completely clear which would serve me best as an AX8 user.

The plugin is great if you're recording, but if you just want to make some IR mixes to load into the AX8 the standalone version is enough.

Back
Top Bottom