AX8 bug? I/O OUT 2 ( FX Send) ECHO: INPUT 1 result in different output levels left&right.

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Because the wish & bug area is obviously closed, I post here:
Following G66 customer support case:
AX8 | FW 10.1 | Reset System Parameters. Then:
I/O -> Audio -> OUT 2 ( FX Send) ECHO: INPUT 1
The setting leads to different output levels at OUT2 Left and Right.

Is this a bug or "by design" ?

Video documentation:

Thanks for answering in advanced :)
Markus

@ChristThePhone - That should not be necessary though? you would assume that both left and right channels get a copy of the input channel.

I have no idea why this happens. It looks like a bug to me.

@ChristThePhone - That should not be necessary though? you would assume that both left and right channels get a copy of the input channel.

I have no idea why this happens. It looks like a bug to me.

When I did some direct recording / re-amping experiments last time I found the input being routed by default to only one side. I wouldn't consider it a bug as long as the problem can be addressed in the I/O configuration menu.

See if the Instrument pad setting affects it. Since you had it at 12 dB, maybe only the right channel has the inverse post-AD boost applied for some reason.

Make sure to set Out2 send mode to 'Copy L>R' (AX8 manual, p. 84):

View attachment 58065
Did not affect anything. I assume, those settings just affecting signals coming from the grid...
When I did some direct recording / re-amping experiments last time I found the input being routed by default to only one side. I wouldn't consider it a bug as long as the problem can be addressed in the I/O configuration menu.
It can`t be adressed in the I/O config. I tried every single parameter ...
See if the Instrument pad setting affects it. Since you had it at 12 dB, maybe only the right channel has the inverse post-AD boost applied for some reason.
I`ve also tried that, did`nt affect the unbalanced left/right situation.

My AX8 has the same Problem (i like to use Out 2 for send the dry Guitar Signal to a GitSynth and the other to a TC Helicon as Pitch Reverence.
There is a Level Difference of 12dB between L and R. When i lay an FX-Loop Block in the Grid (all Pots to Default) the L and R Levels are Equal, but L 6dB and R 18dB lower than without the Block.
So i have to compensate Levels in the FX Loop Block, because not all my Presets have enough DSP Power for the FX Loop Block.
Sadly, i think this Bug will be never more fixed...!

Back
Top Bottom