Ax8/bass/squealing?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but i didnt see anything. A couple times i was using my bass eith the Ax8, there was no clipping, but it was making weird loud squealing noises. I turned it off then back on it was fine. This has happened twice now though and never while using guitar. Anyone else experience this?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but i didnt see anything. A couple times i was using my bass eith the Ax8, there was no clipping, but it was making weird loud squealing noises. I turned it off then back on it was fine. This has happened twice now though and never while using guitar. Anyone else experience this?

Was this with a particular preset? I've had "loud squealing noises" when I didn't have a preset setup properly. My guess is that if you've narrowed it down to one particular preset, there's something in that preset that needs to be changed.

It would happen on any preset. I even made a preset that was just the dry signal and it did it. The high squeals were digital noise sounding.

Did you have AX8-Edit connected and running when this happened?

Yes. Ive tried it now without ax8 edit running and it didnt do it. Lol.

you may want to try to backup your presets and reload firmware and full reset. If no luck, call support.

Also did this and now it is no longer an issue. Ill let you guys know if it happens again but as of a few days i have not been able to recreate the problem. :)

Yes. Ive tried it now without ax8 edit running and it didnt do it. Lol.
this usually happens when you use AX8-Edit "too fast." if it's moving cabs or presets, or processing something, and you try to do something else. hard to say from just what you've described, but it could be it.

Back
Top Bottom