AX8 as a MIDI controller for Ableton

Airgolas

Has anyone figured out how to convert the SysEx midi from a scene change in the AX8, to a CC or midi note in Ableton to control midi parameters? Rather than bye a midi controller, I just want my AX8 to control two simple parameters in Ableton. I know there's a way, I just haven't figured it out quite yet. :) Thanks!

Has anyone figured out how to convert the SysEx midi from a scene change in the AX8, to a CC or midi note in Ableton to control midi parameters? Rather than bye a midi controller, I just want my AX8 to control two simple parameters in Ableton. I know there's a way, I just haven't figured it out quite yet. :) Thanks!
I am not 100% sure if this is what you are looking for but you can go by pressing 3x "page" button to page "cfg" - choose midi, enter and do your settings for each preset.

Thanks. Yes, this is where you can assign a program control midi output per scene. My issue is more of an Ableton issue at this point, unless the AX8 has a way to send CC midi that I'm unaware of. Just wondering if anyone has a reliable work-a-round for converting program control midi to CC or midi note so Ableton can trigger automation. Thanks again!

This can probably be done with Max for Live.
I created a CC to Midi device to do in song patch changes from Live (since it is not natively supported)

I have preset changes working automatically from Ableton to the AX8. That's awesome and easy. What I want to be able to do is hit a switch on the AX8 and stop a clip or loop it, etc. It's the flow from the AX8 to Ableton that is the challenge. I believe it is possible with Max 8 (not Max for Live) for an extra $250. Just trying to avoid the additional outlay if someone found a more economical way. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom