AX8 arrived today...two questions

dmc092657

Hi !

The AX8 just arrived and I'm beginning to dig in. Two very basic questions:

1. Is there an onboard or clean boost preset (or perhaps one that's available for download) ? I find these very useful for goosing single coil tones.

2. Looking for recommendations for a case. I just gig locally so it doesn't need to be anything extremely heavy duty. Just solid. Its more for ease of transport than anything. I'd like it to also hold the EV pedal when I get around to purchasing that.

Thanks !

Hi !

2. Looking for recommendations for a case. I just gig locally so it doesn't need to be anything extremely heavy duty. Just solid. Its more for ease of transport than anything. I'd like it to also hold the EV pedal when I get around to purchasing that.

Thanks !

That Rigid brand case from home depot seems hard to beat for $30. I bought one for keeping picks and battery's and misc stuff for gigs.

Hi !

1. Is there an onboard or clean boost preset (or perhaps one that's available for download) ? I find these very useful for goosing single coil tones.

Thanks !

You can easily add a drive block to a preset; the drive block has all sorts of options for boosts, overdrives etc. Get AX8 edit up and running and have a go.

Hi !

Thanks !
The lowest CPU choices are the Vol/Pan or EQ blocks. The 'Filter' block is probably the easiest to use. Set the 'Level' parameter to any positive value that gets you what you need, and use the 'Low and High' cuts to remove some 'mud' and excess highs and use the 'Peaking' type to boost some 'mids'

Oh man I love that! I may have to tap into my EU connections and get one of those. I'm astonished Fractal isn't selling something like that on their site. Then again, I haven't checked in a while...

I'd really love to get one of these too but I'm in the US. If anybody has an angle on it, please let me know !

I want! Can we get the G66 gig case here somehow? Super sharp! Would carry proudly! My AX8 travels in an old GT Central (Boss GT series) gig bag, which is actually pretty nice. But beneath the mighty Fractal tone beast! It's a great bag,though. I'd like something a bit more rigid maybe, plus something that fits the AX8 more closely. The Boss bag does have plenty of room for my Mission EP-1 9 (wrapped in a hand towel) and a bunch of external storage. I had the Ridgid case for a few hours. It didn't appeal to me, seemed to need some good padding work and there wasn't much space front-to-rear, so I was concerned about the connections/rear panel stuff. Bullet-proof, though!

Gator has a padded soft case that was built for small keyboards. It is great for transporting the AX8 with an expression pedal! It's lightweight, easy to carry and protects everything inside real well without the bulk!! So if you're doing local stuff it should be just what you're looking for. I have a couple of these and love them as gear bags along with equipment bags. Here's a link!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...ard--fx-multi-effects-board-bag#productDetail

I use a filter block set to null with a +3db boost. I also use a 5 band GEQ with a slight boost in the mids as well. As far as cases Pedaltrain offers a hardshell case for their boards that has rollers. I found it too heavy with everything inside it so I got the soft shell zipper case. But if I was loading my gear in a trailer or something where it would get knocked around I'd use the hardshell.

Back
Top Bottom