AX8 "ARES Rev"... ?

Sharka

Experienced
Greetings,

Pardon if it's been asked, but I haven't found a thread on the subject matter...

Just curious, being the "Axe II" has had an ARES Rev (1.00), is there one in the works for AX8?

I have an Axe III, but it's so much easier doing gigs in the city with the AX8. It would be really nice to get some of that ARES goodness in AX8 too.

I have no doubt others would be thrilled to have that update too.

Thanks!

+1,000,000.

I've had the Axe FX II XL+ for a few years and recently bought an AX-8 with the intent of being able to share presets between them (within the limitations of the hardware of course) because their firmware would be compatible.

We're all waiting to find out if some of Ares goodness will be ported to Ax8. I really hope so and hope that Cliff has some plans for us AX8 users altough this has not been confirmed yet.

Greetings,

Pardon if it's been asked, but I haven't found a thread on the subject matter...

Just curious, being the "Axe II" has had an ARES Rev (1.00), is there one in the works for AX8?

I have an Axe III, but it's so much easier doing gigs in the city with the AX8. It would be really nice to get some of that ARES goodness in AX8 too.

I have no doubt others would be thrilled to have that update too.

Thanks!
We're all waiting to find out if some of Ares goodness will be ported to Ax8. I really hope so and hope that Cliff has some plans for us AX8 users altough this has not been confirmed yet.
Some of the Ares modeling has been ported over to the AX8 in firmware 10.0. The latest firmware for the Axe II has apparently ported over 'more' of it.

Basically for as long as the Ax8 has existed someone, if not many someone’s, has asked “can we get this too?” each and everything there is a Axe II (or Axe III) update.

I think cliff has a pretty good idea by now that Ax8 owners would like any and all new features that are possible to add. Don’t think he needs a reminder.....

Not like we will hear a hear later from him “guys, I could of run all the III stuff on the Ax8 this whole time, just didn’t think anyone has an interest in that, wish someone would of spoken up” lol

Basically for as long as the Ax8 has existed someone, if not many someone’s, has asked “can we get this too?” each and everything there is a Axe II (or Axe III) update.

I think cliff has a pretty good idea by now that Ax8 owners would like any and all new features that are possible to add. Don’t think he needs a reminder.....

Not like we will hear a hear later from him “guys, I could of run all the III stuff on the Ax8 this whole time, just didn’t think anyone has an interest in that, wish someone would of spoken up” lol

The other thing is that eventhough AX8 is technically newer it only has half the cpu the 2 had
And that was a battle
As mentioned if it a possibility you know he will do it
But ill bet its a lot of work and maybe he does not even now if it possible yet or he woukd likely have commented here

My assumption is there's no additional development for the AX8 as it's maxed out and incompatible with the current development of the Axe III. Outside of the last update which ported over a bit of the amp modeling and greatly reduced switching times, there's been very little done to the AX8 for the last couple years.

Yes, I'm well aware of all al the previous requests., I only asked because I see Axe II has an ARES update, was an unexpected pleasant surprise

Being it was said it was likely not possible for the II. Maybe it will be plausible now for AX8 too, just was a general question.

As mentioned, I already have a III, either way, I'll be fine.

Refresh button on my old iPad had been etched into the screen. Hoping I don’t ruin another screen...
:rolleyes:

Well we were hoping once the AFII came out of beta.....which it did we might see something.......

AX8 beta firmware updates tend to follow a little while after the comparable Axe II update is finished. The Ares port went out of beta yesterday, so give it a couple weeks and maybe we'll have something.

There's been a few threads on the subject. :)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ares-is-coming-to-the-ax8.136693/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ares-1-for-ax8.148389/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-firmware-update.148404/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-firmware-version-10-01.142660/page-7#post-1711248

Back
Top Bottom