AX8 - Any Updates?

My speculation is that there is no waiting list simply because the product isn't ready yet. I'm sure the remaining Mark 2 units will sell regardless of whether the AX8's have a waiting list... but it makes sense to 'put them to bed' before building hype for the AX8 by releasing a waiting list. Just my hunch.

Or... from the the positive side and not necessarily the reality side of things, FAS has already completed and ordered units, are massing product anticipating a huge wait list that is sure to come. All they will have to do is burn in units with firmware, test and ship.

There's the FX8 recent release too. Taking a while can guarantee FX8 to "set" before people wants the "next thing".

Remembering Cliff talking about october or the like (read Christmas). I doubt there will be an official page and waiting list before august.

It's OK to me, Will "sinc" with my financial planning for this unit (assuming the "forum consensus" of ~$1700 price). One of these, an expression pedal, and a Xitone FRFR and I'm done. The most portable hi-end rig ever made by mankind. :mrgreen

Warning: speculation below. Because speculation causes hype and hype can be exciting when we have nothing else to chew on.

Mark 2 sold out. Some prominent forum members and beta testers selling AFX2 rigs. Could they be upgrading to XL+? Maybe? Or the Helix? Unlikely. .. Or is this a sign that the AX8 is being beta tested? Just sayin :) looking forward hearing more official words!

Warning: speculation below. Because speculation causes hype and hype can be exciting when we have nothing else to chew on...is this a sign that the AX8 is being beta tested? Just sayin :) looking forward hearing more official words!
Just sayin :) ...

Interesting tactic: start a rumor in an effort to squeeze more info out of Fractal...

I'm not trying to force FAS into anything. I'm just making an observation. Read all of my previous posts, none of them are in an effort to pry information about the AX8. I respect what Matt said earlier in this thread. All this is about is hype and discussion as my post indicated. If they don't want to reply, that's fine. I just want to steer the discussion AWAY from RR and the Helix, and towards FAS products.

Isn't the forum a place for discussion? Good god, not everyone is trying to start a war around here. Same team, man.

Peace, brother. I'm not questioning the way you carry yourself or accusing you of trying to start a war. Bit you did drop something that's almost guaranteed to start a rumor, and then asked Fractal to respond.

Start discussion. And I made a comment that I'm personally looking forward to news. Not asking for news :)

Sorry, just tired of seeing the forum dominated by RR amd helix

At this point I think it is safe-to-say Cliff knows what he's doing in designing a guitar processor for public sale - he optimizes all the variables and prioritizes appropriately.

Personally, I want a unit to be as heavy as possible. I hope the case is made of depleted uranium and all the open space inside is filled with high-density concrete!

Back
Top Bottom