AX8 - Any Updates?

Veeery interesting.. :) I'm curious about a few things: How many different effects can you have simultaneously in one preset, and can you use it in "stomp-box-mode", i.e. assign the 8 switches to switch effects on/off (if it's possible to have that many), and just use the "bank down/up" switches to change presets? And I also wonder about the back panel; the ins/outs and everything; can you connect several exp pedals for instance, will there be an fx loop (if anyone should feel a need for that..) etc.

Veeery interesting.. :) I'm curious about a few things: How many different effects can you have simultaneously in one preset, and can you use it in "stomp-box-mode", i.e. assign the 8 switches to switch effects on/off (if it's possible to have that many), and just use the "bank down/up" switches to change presets? And I also wonder about the back panel; the ins/outs and everything; can you connect several exp pedals for instance, will there be an fx loop (if anyone should feel a need for that..) etc.

well I could be wrong but if Cliff says the grid is 8 would that not mean 6 open slots if your using Amp /Cab ?

Stomp Box mode would be a killer addition ,if in the setup menu you could select"FX only" and that setting would disable the amp cabs leaving you the effects blocks .BUT I feel that may cross into the FX8 territory
none the less awesome feature that is really helpful and makes the ultimate live box.

I think I read there will be expression pedal jacks ,if you have wahs ,whammy they are kind of a necessity .

Since product is October release probably be a few months till we hear more .FAS has always gone wait list the demand on this will be huge .i wonder if the wait list may not happen this time and they just bring in a ton of stock on hand,

well I could be wrong but if Cliff says the grid is 8 would that not mean 6 open slots if your using Amp /Cab ?

Stomp Box mode would be a killer addition ,if in the setup menu you could select"FX only" and that setting would disable the amp cabs leaving you the effects blocks .BUT I feel that may cross into the FX8 territory
none the less awesome feature that is really helpful and makes the ultimate live box.

I wasn't thinking to disable amp/cabs, thus using the AX8 as an FX only unit, but I was thinking that if you can just use the up/down switches to change presets, the amp and cab block would still be there of course, and then the 1-8 could be used to switch effects on/off within the chosen preset. But if amp and cab will need to occupy two of those 8 switches, you will have only 6 left for FX on/off, but that would still be nice..

He said 4x8 so with series and parallel routing there would be more than 6 open slots. And assuming it has an FX send/return block you could build a signal path with more than 8 series blocks.

I'm going to guess that it will be similar to the AxeFX from the standpoint that each block counts against the available CPU. The number of effects in a preset would vary by the type of blocks used and how much CPU each one requires. Just a guess.

He said 4x8 so with series and parallel routing there would be more than 6 open slots. And assuming it has an FX send/return block you could build a signal path with more than 8 series blocks.

I'm going to guess that it will be similar to the AxeFX from the standpoint that each block counts against the available CPU. The number of effects in a preset would vary by the type of blocks used and how much CPU each one requires. Just a guess.

Correct. It's pretty much "Axe-Fx Lite". There are send/return blocks so you can make series routings that are longer than 8. All the advanced parameters are available in the amp block, you access them via the traditional edit menu. The dedicated Bass, Mid, etc. knobs can be accessed at any time. And it sounds like an Axe-Fx, so there's that...

Correct. It's pretty much "Axe-Fx Lite". There are send/return blocks so you can make series routings that are longer than 8. All the advanced parameters are available in the amp block, you access them via the traditional edit menu. The dedicated Bass, Mid, etc. knobs can be accessed at any time. And it sounds like an Axe-Fx, so there's that...

Cool, and thanks for replying :) So can it be used in "stomp-box-mode", using the "bank down/up" switches to change presets, and then using switches 1-8 to switch effects on/off within each preset? How many exp pedals can be connected, and will there be an fx loop that can be placed where you want in the signal chain? Oh, and can the physical knobs be used for tweaking the effects as weel, or will these be exclusively for the amp block?

Last edited:
Cool, and thanks for replying :) So can it be used in "stomp-box-mode", for instance using the "bank down/up" switches to change presets, and then using switches 1-8 to switch effects on/off within each preset? How many exp pedals can be connected, and will there be an fx loop that can be placed where you want in the signal chain? Oh, and can the physical knobs be used for tweaking the effects as weel, or will these be exclusively for the amp block?

Yes, the switches are multi-function. They operate as preset, scene, looper or bypass switches. There are four expression pedal inputs. There is a stereo effects loop. The dedicated knobs control only those parameters for which they are indicated. There are five soft knobs under the display that are used for adjusting other parameters.

Will there be similar modifiers as in the Axe-Fx (such as the envelope with adjustable attack, sustain, etc.? How about manually entered scales?

Yes, the switches are multi-function. They operate as preset, scene, looper or bypass switches. There are four expression pedal inputs. There is a stereo effects loop. The dedicated knobs control only those parameters for which they are indicated. There are five soft knobs under the display that are used for adjusting other parameters.

Sounds great, thanks :) Will the five soft knobs automatically be activated and assigned to different parameters for the last chosen effect maybe, or will you have to push a few buttons first to access the desired effect parameters?

Cannot wait for this product to drop! Since I have had my Axe Fx 2 I have always wanted and "AxeFx Lite" as I don't use even half of the capability of the Axe Fx 2 for live use. I use two patches for the whole show. I seem to recall it's release is not until around the fall sometime but when can we start putting in pre-orders?

Cannot wait for this product to drop! Since I have had my Axe Fx 2 I have always wanted and "AxeFx Lite" as I don't use even half of the capability of the Axe Fx 2 for live use. I use two patches for the whole show. I seem to recall it's release is not until around the fall sometime but when can we start putting in pre-orders?

Good question!

Hmmmm... Can we use this like the mfc and control an axe FX?. Ooooor get on of these for effects and have some massive amp patches in the axe fx. Hmmmm.. I want all of them.. ALL OF THEM!

Is it limited also in the number of blocks of the same type available per preset (eg: use two synth or two pitch blocks in a preset)?
Does it have headphone out?
Does it work as a n audio usb interface?
Thanks!

I'd love to get on the WAITING LIST for the AX8.(Any ideas where?)

Having an AXE FX "lite" to take out gigging would be perfect. I'm already researching which lightweight active 1x12 FRFR cabs I want to pair it with (Atomic CLR Neo or the Matrix. As I'm in the UK it'll probably have to be Matrix....). That to me sounds like it could be the ultimate lightweight rig. I might even be able to travel to gigs using the underground/bus with this setup!

Back
Top Bottom