AX8 - Any Updates?

My high hopes for dedicated knobs for Axe-Fx III in the future. But the RAC12 seems like a nice thing. Haven't got that far yet though...

Picking up a CLR this weekend. Looking forward to see how it is vs my HK Audio Pro12MA.

Man i'm a nerd. Good i'm among friendly nerds here then :D

Can you comment on whether the AX8 will have the full selection of amps built in, or will it be a pay-as-you-go style?

We are aiming for an October 1 release.

My church will be getting one of these, and if the wifey lets me...... MYSELF ALSO!! Thanks Cliff-anator!

cliff-anator_zpsncmsbu9q.jpg

They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12). Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

Just take my money!!

Seriously, though, October 1st will be the best day of the year, then.

Since 90% of my presets are fairly basic, this is a dream come true.

I'm sick of carrying a pod hd300 as my mobile/backup rig.

Let us know the day and time the wait list will be posted, so we can flood your server like schoolgirls buying Bieber tickets.

Nothing further, Your Honor.

They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12).

Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

This sounds so good. My body is ready!

I'm SO down. This is the perfect product.

Thanks for the update Cliff. This is getting to be a lot of branches of firmware. Shared core amp\FX code, but distinct firmwares for 3 flavors of Axe-Fx II, plus FX8 and AX8 which also need to support footswitching. Are you still doing this all this yourself? If I recall, you didn't code the MFC firmware yourself.. or did you?

Yes, the effects are ported directly from the Axe-Fx. If you have used an Axe-Fx the operation will be very familiar. The primary difference is the dedicated knobs for the amp block.

Yes! Would you like my money now or later :eagerness:

Hi, Cliff! I'm absolutely happy to hear thar AX8 will be released!!

Please, please, please - make it as lightweight as possible!!! That is the most important physical parameter in device which is created to be moved to gigs by hand.

Ideal weight in my opinion is about 3-4 kg. At this weight it is still possible to make the chassis from steel and have a durable piece of gear. But it will be light and OK to walk with this thing in bag and don't be tired at all. You can do titanium chassis by the way - some extra cost, but not a problem at all if this will make really light device! I will pay extra cost for lightness of chassis.

You are going to release a device which I was waiting for 10 years if not more! But please, don't forget the weight nuance.

You are the best company in guitar sphere, I'm happy to be your customer!

As in no advanced parameters...?

He was comparing the FX8 to the AX8 when he said that. Obviously the primary difference would be the amp block knobs, as the FX8 doesn't have amp modeling. I'd be surprised if some of the advanced params were fixed values... the cost of being able to change the advanced parameters is the miniscule amount of memory required to create a 'tab' in the amp block menu...

All that just to say that: I'd assume advanced parameters will be customizable, like the AFX II.

They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12).

Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

I'll take two :) ... Seriously

There will probably be an AX8-Edit, similar to the FX8-Edit we can see on its product page. It's been said that Axe-Fx II blocks (those available in the AX8 ) are compatible, but my guess is presets probably aren't at all interchangeable.

Thanks for the response. I would really like to know for sure what the AX8 can do so I can start selling off some other gear to buy one in October. It seems that presets should be interchangeable if they contain the same effects, only one amp, and fit in th 4X8 grid.

He was comparing the FX8 to the AX8 when he said that. Obviously the primary difference would be the amp block knobs, as the FX8 doesn't have amp modeling. I'd be surprised if some of the advanced params were fixed values... the cost of being able to change the advanced parameters is the miniscule amount of memory required to create a 'tab' in the amp block menu...

All that just to say that: I'd assume advanced parameters will be customizable, like the AFX II.

Actually I believe it was in reference to the Axe FX itself and not the FX8.

Yes, the effects are ported directly from the Axe-Fx. If you have used an Axe-Fx the operation will be very familiar. The primary difference is the dedicated knobs for the amp block.

I read it as it will have dedicated knobs to adjust the amp block basics... bass, mid, treb, presents, gain, volume but no advanced parameters. Guessing those would have to be accessed through an editor or having to drill down through tabs but it's just a guess.

Seems like a reasonable guess, and that is my assumption on how it will work. It would make no sense for the AX8 to support the same blocks without allowing access/adjustment to the advanced parameters. Plus, Cliff would hear the collective groan of potential AX8 buys all the way in Boston if it was announced that you could not change any parameters other than what is accessible from the knobs.

Actually I believe it was in reference to the Axe FX itself and not the FX8.

I read it as it will have dedicated knobs to adjust the amp block basics... bass, mid, treb, presents, gain, volume but no advanced parameters. Guessing those would have to be accessed through an editor or having to drill down through tabs but it's just a guess.

I stand corrected :)

Either way, I love the idea of front control knobs. I'd be cool if those controlled parameters on other blocks as well, depending on which block you had selected. Pretty standard on many processors

Back
Top Bottom