AX8 - Any Updates?

They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12).

Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

Hmmmm, very interesting Cliff. I may just sell my Standard to buy one of these as a very portable backup unit to my Axe 2.

I'm really looking forward to this product! It will compliment my Axe-Fx II perfectly! I can keep the Axe at home and take the AX8 to practice.

Reactions: ALE
They are very cool. They're not an Axe-Fx but they're close. Same amp and cab modeling. Stripped down effects section and smaller grid (4x8 vs 4x12).

Two 450 MHz DSPs; one for amp modeling the other for effects/housekeeping. Uses the same silent switch technology as the MFC-101 Mark III and FX-8. Switches are assignable per patch via our new "Switch Assign Matrix" feature.

Very cool

Can we use Axe-Edit with it? Will our current presets work on it provided it fits the space format of the AX8?

There will probably be an AX8-Edit, similar to the FX8-Edit we can see on its product page. It's been said that Axe-Fx II blocks (those available in the AX8 ) are compatible, but my guess is presets probably aren't at all interchangeable.

Last edited:

So any news on the pricing yet?

Sweet. Only 161 more "bump"s from JRod to go, then.

Lol easy now. I only bumped twice and they were a week apart! :)

CLIFF! You are the man! With each new piece of info, you're describing exactly what I wanted to hear, and it leaves me wanting to hear more... MOAR! Sounds perfect for me.

Consider me on the waiting list :p

Last edited:

Will effects like reverb still have a high quality and standard quality setting that can be picked depending on resources available in the patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Cliff for the update.
IMHO, this product looks like "the one" I've been waiting for, for a long time. Honestly, the only thing that I/we need to know now, is pricing. I don't know about others, but I may likely have to sell some stuff in order to free up funds for this. It will be good to know a (even estimated) price whenever it's realistic to release that information, so that people can know if it's feasible to wait for it and/or have time to sell other stuff in order to afford it :)
Anyway, thanks again for the info and the great products.

Will effects like reverb still have a high quality and standard quality setting that can be picked depending on resources available in the patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the effects are ported directly from the Axe-Fx. If you have used an Axe-Fx the operation will be very familiar. The primary difference is the dedicated knobs for the amp block.

Back
Top Bottom