AX8 and Cab Lab

ssmorga78

Experienced
OK, I just want to make sure that there isn't something missing or that I am over looking something in this process. I know with the Rack units that you can run Cab Lab in Live Mode and hear real time changes to your mixes in Cab Lab, but I haven't found a way to do that with the AX8 yet. Is this because it is NOT possible, or am I just missing something. I have found that I can go into a preset, set the Cab Block to use Scratch Pad #1, then send my mixes to the Scratch Pad from Cab Lab after I make adjustments to be able to hear the mix before I save it to a User Cab Slot and as a file to my PC. This may be the only way that is possible, but I just wanted to find out for sure if you could use the Live Mode feature with the AX8 as that is a "real time" feedback from the adjustments you make to a mix.

The Cab Lab purchase page specifically says you can use Live Mode with the AX8, you just need an audio interface or other FRFR monitor (obviously).

The Cab Lab purchase page specifically says you can use Live Mode with the AX8, you just need an audio interface or other FRFR monitor (obviously).

I have seen that..... I just need the instructions on how to do it then. I've got an audio interface that I run my AX8 through to my FRFR speakers already. I run my Computer through it as well..... I have just not been able to figure out how to setup Cab Lab and the AX8 to be able to use Live Mode. With the Rack units it was easy......but I can't seem to pull it off with the AX8. I know that AX8 Edit has to be closed and there can not be anything else hooked up to the AX8 in the computer but Cab Lab due to the restrictions of the AX8 interface. I've got that much. I know that I connect Cab Lab to the AX8 when I open it, I know you're suppose to hit Live Mode in Cab Lab.......but I get no real time changes to mixes I make coming out of the AX8. I just need a step by step of what I need to do to make it work if it's possible. Honestly, just because it's in writing somewhere around here(AX8 Manual also says you can do Mic modeling in the Cab Block as well) doesn't mean it's always possible.

Let me know your results, because I was about to purchase Cab Lab in the next couple of days, and if Live Mode doesn't work with the AX8, it's useless to me.

Did you try bypassing the cab block in the test preset?

Let me know your results, because I was about to purchase Cab Lab in the next couple of days, and if Live Mode doesn't work with the AX8, it's useless to me.

Did you try bypassing the cab block in the test preset?

That I did not.......I figured the Cab Block still needed to be in there.

I'm literally just reading this note on the purchase page:
  • The AX8 does not support USB Audio, so to use LIVE MODE, you need to connect it through a 3rd party audio interface (be sure to bypass the cab block in your test preset!)

I'm literally just reading this note on the purchase page:
  • The AX8 does not support USB Audio, so to use LIVE MODE, you need to connect it through a 3rd party audio interface (be sure to bypass the cab block in your test preset!)
Well, it appears that I must have missed that tiny bit.

Stupid question.......when we are talking about connecting it through a 3rd party audio interface.......does me running the output of my AX8 into a Behringer XR18 count? I may not be hooking it up correctly.....The XR18 does act as an audio interface with my computer, because I use it to record my AX8 into Reaper. Do I need to also open Reaper when I am trying to run Live Mode in Cab Lab? What would the whole hook up process look like??

Back
Top Bottom