AX8 5.03 or straight to 6.00???

bsas

Inspired
Since the AX8 still didn't get the 5.03 improvements, but AxeFX folks are already testing the 6.00 public beta, are we going to jump straight to 6.00 in the future or we expect a 5.03 version before?

Either way, is always christmas at Fractal land :)

the versioning seems odd, looks like every update that adds features gets a ++ to the version number and then any update that addresses bug fixes gets a decimal in which case it makes sense

Yea, I am guessing they called it FW 6 was because they are not supporting the Mark I and Mark II now (I see a lot of debate on this topic too), but for the AX8 it might end up being 5.02

Sadly, these folks are fearing for the future of their upgradabilty of their units . AX8 owners have no such fear, they just must accept the fact that updates for their boxes will come AFTER changes are made by Cliff for XL..this will never change.

Sadly, these folks are fearing for the future of their upgradabilty of their units . AX8 owners have no such fear, they just must accept the fact that updates for their boxes will come AFTER changes are made by Cliff for XL..this will never change.
Do we know the size of the boot ROM in AX8?

Do we know the size of the boot ROM in AX8?
we don't know the size but look at how many years the MK1/2 guys got updates and we don't even have the option to run older FW (seems like FAS realized better not even give us the choice) We are only a few updates in. We should be good to go for a while

the versioning seems odd, looks like every update that adds features gets a ++ to the version number and then any update that addresses bug fixes gets a decimal in which case it makes sense

Major updates that change the amp modeling get a new version number. Minor updates and bug fixes get a decimal increase. Does not seem odd to me at all.

Quantum 6 just dropped for AXE MK1/II.. Trade-off is no older modelling revisions, which i don't mind at all. That said i'm still keen to sell off my MKII rack, RAC12 and MFC and go AX8 as my glory days are past me now !!

Obviously only Cliff knows how much space was opened up on the MK I and II's when he removed the old firmware but today before he performed his magic I checked my MK II and there was 6 firmware versions available. I am guessing it wasn't 6 full versions but some sort of shared coding. Anyway, hopefully it opened the MK I and MK II owners to some additional updates in the future. Quantum 6 sounds awesome by the way.....

Back
Top Bottom