AX8 4CM test (video & preset)

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

A quick test, I wanted to hear how the AX8 works with an amp in 4 cables method. Works great ! Amp used is a Peavey ValveKing 20MH (the EVH below is a bit too loud for my room, at least at that time of the day). Here I used it in 5 watts mode. The camera is a Sony HDR-MV1. I also wanted to record a sound with the screencapture app used to capture my AX8-Edit tweaks but I should have tested it first, it didn't record any sound so all you hear is from the camera stereo microphones.

The preset cover all my basic need for 4 cable method. I tweaked it a little after finishing the video to accommodate both the chorus and the multidelay. It uses 8 scenes with various combinations of effects. I added it in my AX8 presets Dropbox folder (check this thread)

That sounds very nice - Maybe, I should give my Koch Studiotone a go in 4CM - I haven't even turned it on since getting the Ax8, and before that, it was my gigging amp for ten years.

A quick test, I wanted to hear how the AX8 works with an amp in 4 cables method. Works great ! Amp used is a Peavey ValveKing 20MH (the EVH below is a bit too loud for my room, at least at that time of the day). Here I used it in 5 watts mode. The camera is a Sony HDR-MV1. I also wanted to record a sound with the screencapture app used to capture my AX8-Edit tweaks but I should have tested it first, it didn't record any sound so all you hear is from the camera stereo microphones.

The preset cover all my basic need for 4 cable method. I tweaked it a little after finishing the video to accommodate both the chorus and the multidelay. It uses 8 scenes with various combinations of effects. I added it in my AX8 presets Dropbox folder (check this thread)

That sounds great !!! I'd certainly be happy with that !

from some reason I can Download the preset (I bought the AX8 package) on my computer... but AX8 Edit will no load it?... any ideas?

from some reason I can Download the preset (I bought the AX8 package) on my computer... but AX8 Edit will no load it?... any ideas?

One thing I have noticed, since updating the FW from 3.02 to 3.04 and AX8-Edit 1.3.0 yesterday, is that I must start AX8 Edit before powering up the AX8. My normal procedure was always turning on AX8, then starting AX8 Edit.

I tried loading a preset and it just left a blank 4x12 grid. When I simply powered down, then powered up the AX8, I was able to load the same preset with no problem.

I was also get timeout errors, if I remember correctly, after pausing communications, so I need to recycle the AX8.

I'm running AX8 Edit on a Mac with a 6 foot USB cable.

Sound really good, I didn't notice this thread, the new mini ValveKing 20MH is good price, how you like it compare to FRFR ?

apple and oranges... I like to play on a real amp, but with FRFR I have way more control on the sound I send to FOH, and more versatility too

Hey Fremen, off topic question: I bought your AX8 presets a while ago (awesome by the way :D) and I was wondering if you have plans to update them to the latest firmware (3.50)?

Thanks!

I already updated them to 3.02 and no update is necessary for 3.50 as there wasn't any changes to the modelling

Back
Top Bottom