AX8 2?

Eventually it will happen, but, here is the question: would you “need” to upgrade when it comes out?

Fractal is amazing about keep updating old products, so, even if the AX8 2 comes out tomorrow, I bet you will be able to get updates for the version 1 for years to come.

So, unless there is a crazy feature that you desperately need, you can get A LOT from your version 1 today :)

You can do it with axefx II as well. You can't have multiple delays with the ax-8. There are some good holdsworth patches with the axefx ii but I haven't heard any convincing ones on the ax8.
2 delay blocks and a Multi-delay block are availble at the same time in a Preset on the AX8. To me that is “multiple delays.” Just want to clarify for anyone not familiar with the AX8.

Overall, I am quite content and pleased with the AX8. However if an AX10 or AX12 with a few more horses under the hood became available I would probably upgrade. The AX8 is built like a tank, always works, produces numerous delicious tones, with more variables available that I have still not tapped into. Cheers!

I would not expect an AX8II for a couple of years... I would think we would see an AX6 or AX4 before this.

The AXE III looks cool, but have no plans to haul around a giant rack case...

But now that they've done the hard work of laying out new boards and porting code to the new TI platform... I totally expect an AX8 2 within the next couple of years :)

The new DSPs should have better thermals than can possibly make it into the pedal platform.

I think it may take some time but It'd be no question if an AXE III floor came out. Expanding to a 3u rack and controller is tough. I like the extra horsepower though. I hope they release an updated floor version soon.

I remeber when the fx8 came out... I said: ,,when a pedalboard version with amp&cab will apear i will buy it".
I was going to buy it even with 2 amps and 2 cabs but not a rack&controler.
What i expect from a ax8 II?
Just moore memory, better CPU, the same size & colour so i can keep my flight case.

Last edited:
As things go, I cannot imagine there wouldn't be a next-gen AX8 to leverage lots of tech from the new AXEFX III. Can't wait to see that!

I doubt we'll see it for some time, though. They don't want to detract from the new product releases (even though the target demographics are probably quite different).

For me, I'm happy to wait for whatever the next gen floorboard model will be while I stomp all over my AX8. :D

Back
Top Bottom