AX8 2?

I think both goals are doable. For the most part one would not expect a one-to-one sound from quick tweaking. Furthermore, sometimes I play Purple Rain with the original close-enough flanger setting, sometimes with a chorus, sometimes with a Dimension-D setting, mostly as I'm bored playing that song but it's requested. That also helps me to motivate playing it. This is true of both covers and originals, there's something liberating to change the sound quickly from time to time when performing something rather than being a preset robot.

Having a rotary knob to switch expansion pedal settings quickly is not a deal breaker for me, but it's interesting how most MFX pedalboards with a built-in expansion pedal has such a thing with volume as a default setting. Same with more complex Wah pedals such as Boss PW10... Means you could maximize the use of one pedal rather than bringing three of them to the set, or spend menu diving to set up the pedal just when you feel for a Tom Morello pitch bender effect in a solo ten seconds before starting it.

Using individual pedals has it's pros and cons! Tom's DigiTech Whammy pedal is a perfect example to show why, very specific effects with one knob if your looking at the older version, so on the fly adjustments are very easy.

This can be done on the AX8 but you have to assign them first right! the downside of having an MFX pedal like the AX8 that has a gazillion other options with a fairly small footprint enter the effects loop.

I guess it's hard to have your cake and eat it too when it comes to the AX8 unless you are willing to add outboard devices to get you where you want to be with respect to spontaneity.

Yes, if there's an expression pedal with MIDI programmatic rotary selector or let's say two or three knobs for sending CC then this could be doable with outside gear. Don't know if I ever seen one, and I donated my Evolution UC-33 three months ago.

Yes, if there's an expression pedal with MIDI programmatic rotary selector or let's say two or three knobs for sending CC then this could be doable with outside gear. Don't know if I ever seen one, and I donated my Evolution UC-33 three months ago.

This guy T1M Effects might be able to help you with that not totally sure but if you send him a message of what you are trying to accomplish he should be able to build you one.

Back
Top Bottom