Wish AX4, AX6, AX8 mini

Which ones do you prefer?

• AX4

• AX6

• AX8 mini

Results are only viewable after voting.

leejw41

since any fractal audio product makes perfect sound, my only concern is portability. Could there be any smaller version of ax8 in 2017?

What's the difference between the proposed models?
I would say ax4 and ax6 have less foot switch buttons for the smaller sizes which i think more feasible. They might serve less scenes at the same time. And ax8 mini would have same features with the smaller size. However, I think ax8 mini couldn't get smaller that much.

I've heard this mentioned in the past and really never thought it was necessary , until now that I'm taking my AX8 on a fight.
I'm only bringing it for my own amusement , not business. Personally , I think the ideal travel FAS product would be an APP that I could have loaded in my iPad pro , that would have a handful of my favorite presets for the road , for fun. I'd pay ..... $500 for the AX8 brain in my iPad , easily. Play and configure presets anywhere.

As far as changing the AX8 , and creating a smaller floor unit....Nah. Amplifier is smaller and sounds decent. It's too limited in design and lack of switches for my liking. AX8 is perfect.

Reactions: Cem
I've heard this mentioned in the past and really never thought it was necessary , until now that I'm taking my AX8 on a fight.
I'm only bringing it for my own amusement , not business. Personally , I think the ideal travel FAS product would be an APP that I could have loaded in my iPad pro , that would have a handful of my favorite presets for the road , for fun. I'd pay ..... $500 for the AX8 brain in my iPad , easily. Play and configure presets anywhere.

As far as changing the AX8 , and creating a smaller floor unit....Nah. Amplifier is smaller and sounds decent. It's too limited in design and lack of switches for my liking. AX8 is perfect.
Totally agree with your idea. However I still wish more portability. In your case, ax8 mini would be acceptable, wouldn't it?

I´d take a more powerful one, but not bigger. Could be smaller, but not for the cost of functionality. I find the AX8 to be perfect for what it is, just need more processing power.

I don't know if the prices would come down with smaller units to make it profitable. You're not going to get in the $500-600 range to compete with the Amplifire. Are people willing to pay $1000+ for say an AX4 with three footswitches, no amp knobs, and much less connectivity? Wave a magic wand and it would be neat to have but probably not too reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom