Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Happy weekend everyone!

I've added a LATEST - JAN.2023 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with LiveGold Banks 1 and 2 in the zip file, updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LiveGold with Bank 3 added should be ready by March of 2023 in your downloads account as well.

ENJOY!

P.S. Also, the presets in this version "SHOULD" also work on the latest firmware Cliff released today, 21.02 public beta - EXCEPT for presets with compressors.

Presets with compressors under that next firmware may have leveling or other tweaking issues and may need to be re-worked before the final complete LiveGold Update in March.

Happy weekend everyone!

I've added a LATEST - JAN.2023 zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3 with LiveGold Banks 1 and 2 in the zip file, updated to the latest public firmwares.

The fully update LiveGold with Bank 3 added should be ready by March of 2023 in your downloads account as well.
ENJOY!

Happy weekend everyone!

ENJOY!

P.S. Also, the presets in this version "SHOULD" also work on the latest firmware Cliff released today, 21.02 public beta - EXCEPT for presets with compressors.

Presets with compressors under that next firmware may have leveling or other tweaking issues and may need to be re-worked before the final complete LiveGold Update in March.
Thank you so much! Can't wait for March 😁🤘

Happy weekend everyone!

ENJOY!

Austin, I "hate" you... I saw your message on the forum, and I had to try bank 2 yesterday morning in my country while everyone was sleeping...
I was playing for a few hours because it sounds incredible despite I'm a metal boy..... Waiting for bank 3 very sleepy

Austin, I "hate" you... I saw your message on the forum, and I had to try bank 2 yesterday morning in my country while everyone was sleeping...
I was playing for a few hours because it sounds incredible despite I'm a metal boy..... Waiting for bank 3 very sleepy
Awesome! Glad you like it. I improved several of the boutique amps this time, some speaker curve impedance changes and Cab IR adjustments.

Hi Gang:

If some of you do updated to latest public beta 3 for the Axe-FX III released today, let me know your thoughts here about how it is changing compressors or Speaker Thump for the LiveGold Bank 1 and 2 presets you have now on that prior firmware.

I'm working on updating LiveGold Bank 3 (Banks 1 and 2 are updated and can be downloaded), but as you know Cliff just dropped a new public beta 3 firmware.

If you load it, two things in it you may need to pay attention to if some of your sounds seem off after updating to latest firmware.

First is the Speaker Thump algorithm has changed. What do you think?

Second is the compressors have changed - and presets that use compressors (a there are handful in LiveGold) now may have different Levels than before. So you might have to adjust that to get them level again.

There are some new gates as well.

This new firmware also changed some of the Peavey 5150 and Rectos, but I haven't gotten to them yet in Bank 3 so that's fine.

Eventually this firmware will catch up to FM9 and FM3 units.

The small dilemma for me is, if I update for Bank 3 and save under this latest firmware, then I will need to also make sure Banks 1 and 2 are also okay under new firmware (takes longer, have to play them all again quickly!) before I release.

I plan to get LiveGold Bank 3 done before March 1, and should be able to, but I can't include one bank saved under a higher firmware than the prior two, and also that means if there is no firmware compatible with the III beta firmware for the FM9 or FM3 available by March 1 then I can't release those FM9 or FM3 versions and have to wait for everything to line up. I need to do everything all at once, for all units, on one firmware.

So will watch and monitor but will keep working using 21.02 for now...

New customer here... I decided to give your presets a try after reading so many positive comments. Following many years of doing my own presets, I want to sample someone else’s ear on the possibilities. Thanks for your work!

Here's photos of how I set my FRFR combo up. I use the +4 setting (not -10) Audio Out2 to send to them (left is Red Sound MF10 and right is Atomic Neo CLTR MkII). I either use Global PEQ flat or will dial out (shelve) everything under 70Hz with sharp slope and above 6.5khz or so as well.

I have the Axe-Fx III knob at 1:00 o:clock when I am just playing and tweaking sounds (still loud/over 92db) , but the Out2 knob is up at 3:00 with the band rehearsing in my studio, and probably louder still at gig if the large is larger - then i might go to eachFRFR themselves and turn them up at power amp.

View attachment 110532View attachment 110533

Last you have to make sure the two speakers are in phase! I am finding this placement is working for me, almost a guitar width apart.

View attachment 110533View attachment 110534
Nice, I really love it.

AustinBuddy 1000+ LiveGold TonePack Update alert:

I've added a LATEST - FEB.2023 LiveGold Full Update zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3, all updated to the latest public firmwares. Updates release nites, User Manual, and Presets list, and optional layouts.

Axe-FX III LiveGold version is saved on firmware 21.04 (that firmware can be found here on the Forum, but not yet on the Fractal main website last I checked -- but should be listed there very soon).

FM9 LiveGold version is saved under 4.01 public beta 2, found here on the forum.

FM3 LiveGold version is saved under 6.01. The FM3 6.10 has not yet caught up with the latest III firmware enhancements, BUT when it does, you will be able to use FM3-Edit Preset Manager to import the Axe-FX III 21.04 presets and that is your future FM3 built-in "mini-update" for later!

Remember, if you have trouble logging (in using the same email you bought the TonePack under) after a few tries or can't remember password, the website's auto-security may lock you out for 2 hours (because it thinks you are a BOT) but in two hours the website login resets and you can try again.

Enjoy the Tones!

I've added a LATEST - FEB.2023 LiveGold Full Update zip file in your "My Downloads" accounts on my website for the Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3, all updated to the latest public firmwares. Updates release nites, User Manual, and Presets list, and optional layouts.

Axe-FX III LiveGold version is saved on firmware 21.04 (that firmware can be found here on the Forum, but not yet on the Fractal main website last I checked -- but should be listed there very soon).

FM9 LiveGold version is saved under 4.01 public beta 2, found here on the forum.

FM3 LiveGold version is saved under 6.01. The FM3 6.10 has not yet caught up with the latest III firmware enhancements, BUT when it does, you will be able to use FM3-Edit Preset Manager to import the Axe-FX III 21.04 presets and that is your future FM3 built-in "mini-update" for later!

Remember, if you have trouble logging (in using the same email you bought the TonePack under) after a few tries or can't remember password, the website's auto-security may lock you out for 2 hours (because it thinks you are a BOT) but in two hours the website login resets and you can try again.

Enjoy the Tones!

FM3 LiveGold version is saved under 6.01. The FM3 6.01 has not yet caught up with the latest III firmware enhancements, BUT when it does, you will be able to use FM3-Edit Preset Manager to import the Axe-FX III 21.04 presets and that is your future FM3 built-in "mini-update" for later!

Enjoy the Tones!

Last edited:
Thanks for all your hard work Austin
Take the rest of the month off! 😂

Thanks
Pauly

Enjoy the Tones!

Back
Top Bottom