AX-8 Price

Cliff -- does USB Audio require additional hardware relative to USB MIDI ? Or is it "just a matter of software" ?

I think many people are assuming that USB Audio is almost free once you have USB MIDI.

Can you make the Waiting List a purchase so it doesn't clog up the system with people who get an invitation and want to think about it and then decide not to proceed. With all the hype from the LA Amp show I'm surprised it wasn't posted immediately on the website for pre purchase... Ready, set, goooooo....

Can you make the Waiting List a purchase so it doesn't clog up the system with people who get an invitation and want to think about it and then decide not to proceed
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and so on and so on...

Can you make the Waiting List a purchase so it doesn't clog up the system with people who get an invitation and want to think about it and then decide not to proceed. With all the hype from the LA Amp show I'm surprised it wasn't posted immediately on the website for pre purchase... Ready, set, goooooo....

in the past waiting lists you had a time limit to accept the invite and purchase

in the past waiting lists you had a time limit to accept the invite and purchase

Much like the USB, screw that- money talks and bullshit walks. :) I'm sure many here, like me, are ready to lay down the dollars right now. Come on, baby, I wanna make it rain!

In the past, the wait list did not guarantee you a unit. It just meant your opportunity to purchase was now available. If you didn't respond immediately there was a chance you may have to wait a few days until more were available. There was not a unit sitting there with a sticky note with my name in it waiting indefinitely as I made up my mind.

To be fair, there needs to be a few days allowed for purchase after receipt of the invite. Some people don't have time to hit F5 all day.

That's why you just put it on the main page, pay for it, and you get it when one is ready. Simple, 100% efficient, and FAS has instant cash to make 100000000's more.

Reactions: svl
That's why you just put it on the main page, pay for it, and you get it when one is ready. Simple, 100% efficient, and FAS has instant cash to make 100000000's more.

Except FAS is s small company and does not have the manpower to handle a massive amount of orders - or at least that is my understanding based on past product launches.

I get what you are saying, but the last thing FAS needs is people paying up front and then getting upset when there order is not shipped immediately because they don't have enough units ready to meet the initial demand, or enough manpower to ship units in a timely fashion.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if they have ramped up enough production to meet the initial demand. I'm wishing them a very smooth product launch and mega success with the AX8!

Buyers will definitely have to understand, pay now and you'll receive it when it's ready... However, you don't have to wait for an email since it's already paid for... I and many will promptly pay now and expect it when they said it's been shipped. We've all heard that hopefully by end of October, and even if it's December, I've already paid for it and will anxiously await my new purchase... Hurray for Capitalism.. Let the purchases commence!

We'll just have to disagree. The only way I'd do that is if they took card numbers but did not charge the amount until the product was shipped. Remember, there can always be unforeseen delays. The FX8 was delayed for months while they dealt with component issues and had to shift manufacturing to the US. Taking payment in advance with an undetermined shipping date is definitely NOT a typical, ethical, business practice.

We'll just have to disagree. The only way I'd do that is if they took card numbers but did not charge the amount until the product was shipped. Remember, there can always be unforeseen delays. The FX8 was delayed for months while they dealt with component issues and had to shift manufacturing to the US. Taking payment in advance with an undetermined shipping date is definitely NOT a typical, ethical, business practice.

I'm not positive, but they may not be able charge the card until the item is ready for delivery.

Well, let's just say I believe in your product and company and am willing to take the "Leap of Faith". I think that waiting for a person to get an email, then wait for a few days or week to decide whether they want one or not is a complete waste of everyone's time, especially FAS as they are in business to actually make money, or is this all for just for the fun of it Cliff?

I have dealt with many different companies in regard to musical instruments and related products. I can honestly say FAS has been the best experience, along with RJM controllers, of any company I have encountered. Great customer service, top shelf product, and killer support after the sale.

Well, let's just say I believe in your product and company and am willing to take the "Leap of Faith". I think that waiting for a person to get an email, then wait for a few days or week to decide whether they want one or not is a complete waste of everyone's time, especially FAS as they are in business to actually make money, or is this all for just for the fun of it Cliff?

Wow, you just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom