AX-8 Price

Cliff ...I'm an IT guy if you need help.....unless of course you contract out IT....lol......anyhow can't wait to get the AX8.......already have a AXE FX II..............

Will it be able to run a stereo cab block?

I know it says it can't run two amp or cab blocks, but technically the stereo cab is one block that can handle two cab irs?

Cliff, can you tell us if the AX8 contains the tone matching block? There is an effect send/return on the AX8 so technically it should be no different to the AxeFx II.

Well, with that price release, I'm pretty sure Line6 just had a stroke.
They'll likely revise down to $1299 when they don't sell enough units. Fractal can no longer be ignored.

This will be an interesting battle to watch. Everyone loves an underdog, and Cliff has no shortage of teeth in the market L6 is gunning for. 8)

A lot of people got in on some great pre-order price deals; 15 or even 20% off coupons. That's definitely worth it.

But yeah, the dust hasn't settled yet, by any means. Keeping my eye posted on The Gear Page. Seriously?! 10,000+ posts, and nowhere near done?!!! Ridiculous.

They'll likely revise down to $1299 when they don't sell enough units. Fractal can no longer be ignored.

This will be an interesting battle to watch. Everyone loves an underdog, and Cliff has no shortage of teeth in the market L6 is gunning for. 8)

I agree it will be an interesting battle to watch. And I agree that FAS can no longer be ignored because they are the dominant force in quality, technology advancement, accuracy, and customer support, something the rest of the modeling world has been lacking in for years. Great job Cliff and FAS team!

What an over priced piece of junk..................................................................that last can I owned was! :lol

alright....big question from a living room rockstar

How would I connect an Mp3 player to this thing? Or how would I connect my Macbook and play backing tracks through to monitors if it doesnt work as a sound card?

Am I obligated to buy a small mixer to be able to set this up or can I connect through the AXE8?

alright....big question from a living room rockstar

How would I connect an Mp3 player to this thing? Or how would I connect my Macbook and play backing tracks through to monitors if it doesnt work as a sound card?

Am I obligated to buy a small mixer to be able to set this up or can I connect through the AXE8?

MP3 Player: run it into FX Return.
MacBook: there has not been an "official" statement about USB Audio support yet. You can run the MacBook's headphone output into FX Return.

A small cheap mixer would also suffice: connect AX8 to mixer, connect monitors to mixer, connect MP3/MacBook to mixer line inputs.

MacBook: there has not been an "official" statement about USB Audio support yet. You can run the MacBook's headphone output into FX Return.

A small cheap mixer would also suffice: connect AX8 to mixer, connect monitors to mixer, connect MP3/MacBook to mixer line inputs.

I know it probably will not have USB audio support but man thats one option that would be great .heck make it 1499 but allow USB recording and i am glad to pay a few bucks more

1) Is there a global setting to use the FX Return as an Aux in or does it have to be done patch-by-patch? This is something I never tried to do with my (recently-departed) Axe FX2 because that's what I used audio-over-USB for.

2) I would love to hear an official statement on the USB. As a basement hero, an AX8 with audio-over-USB would keep me from even considering a Helix (as it is, I'm planning on doing a shootout between the two which is no great tragedy anyway :D). And yes, I know I could just get an Axe FX2, but the AX8 offers many advantages over the Axe FX 2 for me. The only way in which it would not be superior is the USB function.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Ability to use scenes eliminates latency completely, except when switching amp X/Y during scene changes.

I'm sure we will still have scene controllers too.

Will the single amp block still do x/y switching? And how's the latency when switching presets?
For the sake of accuracy, this question is about dropouts, not latency. The latency in Fractal modeling is so short, it's inaudible.

Back
Top Bottom