AX-8 Price

Very generous, to say the least. It's always appreciated when a company proves its values with excellent products and putting customers first. Thank you!

Just FYI your shop page is gonna get F5 spammed. ;-)

If you didn't order your heavy duty FAS F5 key then you are at a serious disadvantage! :mrgreen

b3.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is just a brutal price point - 100 $ less than the Line 6 Helix, with the same quality effects and amps as the Axe FX 2? I guess Fractal is in for the kill!
It's a good price that gives food for thought, but adding Fractal's expression pedal would push the AX8 $40 beyond Helix's price... and I know I NEED an expression pedal. Having one not externally connected would make this choice a no-brainer.

Also, we'll see what happens with the price and availability when it arrives in Europe. I doubt it is this same month, and I seriously doubt the price will remain the same when converted to euros and shipping and importing is applied.

New launches are always good news, but I'm not yet decided, and won't be soon, I think.

P.S: Some info about availability and pricing for Europe would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Depends on the effects but typically 8-10 in addition to amp and cab. The amp and cab block use very little of the main DSP. The amp runs in a dedicated DSP and the cab processing runs in an accelerator. Therefore most of the main DSP is available for effects.

So does this have 2 or 3 DSPs? Or, is it 2 DSPs and 1 accelerator(which sounds like it's a DSP)? I'm confused. It would be nice to have a table to compare and contrast the Axe-FX, the AX-8, and the FX-8.

It's a good price that gives food for thought, but adding Fractal's expression pedal would push the AX8 $40 beyond Helix's price... and I know I NEED an expression pedal. Having one not externally connected would make this choice a no-brainer.

Also, we'll see what happens with the price and availability when it arrives in Europe. I doubt it is this same month, and I seriously doubt the price will remain the same when converted to euros and shipping and importing is applied.

New launches are always good news, but I'm not yet decided, and won't be soon, I think.

P.S: Some info about availability and pricing for Europe would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't had my foot under the Helix pedal, however, I would be very surprised if the Fractal EV-1 isn't a very superior product, with a much better range of travel and pedal feel.

Furthermore, for effects such as wah, I really prefer the traditional pedal sweep (and spring loaded option) of the Mission line of pedals.

I would rather buy a $1400 unit and then purchase the specific EXP pedals that fill my needs, rather than spend $1500 on a unit with a built in pedal which may not offer the feel or travel I desire, causing me to still need to purchase external pedals.

I don't see the EXP pedal being a big deal. Most of us probably already have one anyways. If not, $100 or so gets you a good one...

It's probably a good idea not to have one built in anyways... One less thing that can fail.

What is the downsides of an AX-8 compared to an XL? What is the thing that it can't do? (I know that cpu won't be that big, but I was already around %70 with the Axe-II as well so.)

Totally no downsides if you compare it to any other product THAT'S FOR SURE!!!

What is the downsides of an AX-8 compared to an XL? What is the thing that it can't do? (I know that cpu won't be that big, but I was already around %70 with the Axe-II as well so.)

It can't do dual amp/ dual cab for one.

Plenty of info around already.

So does this have 2 or 3 DSPs? Or, is it 2 DSPs and 1 accelerator(which sounds like it's a DSP)? I'm confused. It would be nice to have a table to compare and contrast the Axe-FX, the AX-8, and the FX-8.

i'm sure this information will be shared when the product is officially launched. tables will be made :)

I understand your concern for prices overseas, but they just confirmed that the price is basically the same as the Helix. So just pick your poison and play music.

If the difference in price was like 30%or more, I'd understand that its a tougher decision, but it's not. Don't over think it.

When FAS releases more firmware update while the Helix lays dormant, the GAS will overcome a lot of people,and they'll end up with an AX8 anyway. Buy once.

That's a very good price! I am sure the Helix price must have had a big influence on determining the price of the AX8. What will be the euro price? And when will the manual come?

If think if it had two expression pedals I was sold.

If you didn't order your heavy duty FAS F5 key then you are at a serious disadvantage! :mrgreen

b3.jpg

LOL! I think new Fractal owners can't truly appreciate the humor in that. I remember years ago when we were all hitting the F5 key like wild chimps, hoping to get our hands on an Axe-FX. I hit "F5" on my wife's birthday and had to buy it obviously. Imaging trying to explain to your wife that you are buying something on her birthday, right before going to dinner, and it is a few thousand dollars. That was a tough one. :)

Take my money...take it now. This is going to simplify my travel/gig-rig so much, and at an even lower price point than expected!!!! Can't wait for the wait list...of waiting.

Back
Top Bottom