AX-8 Price

I'm going to be really curious to see all the "stats" when it comes out like number of amps, etc. I love having tons of amps, effects, etc. in the Axe-FX but to be honest, I only need a few "favorites". Cliff and Co. did a great job with the AX-8. Great idea to have a smaller version with the gigging guitarist in mind.

Already revealed that it will have the same amps as the AxeFX.

Need waitlist info ASAP, Helix pre-order canceled. Incredible move, never doubt someone who is heavily, singularly invested in their brand.
Once the dust settles maybe you can take the crew out and "celebrate" for a FAS happy hour :)
I'll try and grok online streaming so I can unbox on live internet LOL...
Seriously though, what you have accomplished through hard work and believing in your product(s) is extraordinary especially considering your size. So impressed I'll be KEEPING my II and dedicating it to home studio and using the AX8 for gigs. I'll just gig more to pay it off.
I think for guys who have actually heard and played FAS products this is spectacular.

I'm going to be really curious to see all the "stats" when it comes out like number of amps, etc. I love having tons of amps, effects, etc. in the Axe-FX but to be honest, I only need a few "favorites". Cliff and Co. did a great job with the AX-8. Great idea to have a smaller version with the gigging guitarist in mind.

I thought that also, but you know what... One gig I'll use the buttery because it's my main "broken" tone then something like the Bad Cat (forget the name) with a new IR will just utterly floor me and I'll do a quick re-tweak across 5 patches as if I just bought 4 new amps for singular purpose. I mean, I have backup/restore and of course 384 slots so why not!
I say get your gig presets dialed as a template and then over time, TAKE YOUR TIME, and explore some of the other amps/IRs available. You never need to leave the box and have some incredible things at your fingertips!

Now I have to load up my Axe2 with a bunch of dual-amp presets to convince myself that I can't switch to the AX8 ;)
By the way, does the AX8 do the USB soundcard stuff?

Just FYI your shop page is gonna get F5 spammed. ;-)

Definitely going AX8. Helix was never on the table, but I was torn between this and the FX8, since I plan on using it regularly with real tube amps. The cost of entry to gain Fractal quality modeling is far more worth it to me than the minor inconvenience of not having the impressive FX8 4CM optimizations.

Thank you for the great price. Looking forward to building my live rig around this!
Yeah. While the Axe Fx is already a lot more portable than the whole amp / pedal board, this will be a lot easier than even the axe fx to take to gigs.

This is certainly appealing. I have a couple of quick questions:
1/ I assume this will also use Quantum firmware?
2/ Regarding switching: I understand Fractal products use Scenes and X/Y for each block. Can I also easily turn individual blocks on/off within a preset? For example, say I have a preset that has 8 scenes. Now, I turned on scene 1, but decided I wanted to add some chorus that is not included in the scene. Is that something that is doable by just pushing a footswitch, or am I 'stuck' in scene mode?

People have been asking.
$1399
Waiting list opens this week.
Units should start shipping before end of month.
Let the wild speculation and armchair CEO stuff commence!!!

Cliff, great price, where do we sign up, and great meeting ya yesterday!!!!!!!!!!

Chris aggregated a bunch of details here: AX8 Rear Panel Revealed! | AxeFxTutorials.com

Thanks for linking that. I need to update it and add more now that speculation and silly user posts are done :) Yek has done this on the Wiki already, but I'll still weed through the forum and update my site too.

I'm so completely excited for this product. Congratulations on an unbelievable price! Get ready to sell a ton of units! I know I'm ready to learn and teach the device :)

This is certainly appealing. I have a couple of quick questions:
1/ I assume this will also use Quantum firmware?
2/ Regarding switching: I understand Fractal products use Scenes and X/Y for each block. Can I also easily turn individual blocks on/off within a preset? For example, say I have a preset that has 8 scenes. Now, I turned on scene 1, but decided I wanted to add some chorus that is not included in the scene. Is that something that is doable by just pushing a footswitch, or am I 'stuck' in scene mode?

1....YES

2....Yes, like the MFC-101........you have to switch from 'Scene' mode to 'IA Switch' mode. Then you can switch on or off any block that is in the preset AND in assigned to one of the 8 'IA' switches.

Back
Top Bottom