AX-8 Price

Truly amazing! Off to TGP to see the reaction to this almost unbelievable news.

Less than Helix. WAY more amp models, presets, and user cab slots. Oh... and true state-of-the-art amp modeling.

So how is this any less powerful than an Afe FX II XL+? sounds like it has added co-processors to help it.

Damn! You weren't kidding when you said it was going to be priced aggressively. I really like what I've seen of the Helix UI and I'm still going to give it a shot but it's gonna have to sound damn good for me to pass up the AX8 at $1399.

Of course, and the Helix UI and the just the brand name will appeal to many. But really, FAS's modeling is so incredibly good, and the features and overall simplicity of the AX8 outweigh the features of the Helix, IMO.

I can't imagine running 4 amps at once to be anything most users will ever actually need! And, the AX8 will have X/Y and scenes.

It will be the top notch floor modeling unit.

Has anything been revealed regarding specs like USB reamping and audio interface functionality? And a full list of connections? Does it have digital in/out (SPDIF) and can this also be used for reamping?

Has anything been revealed regarding specs like USB reamping and audio interface functionality? And a full list of connections? Does it have digital in/out (SPDIF) and can this also be used for reamping?

Chris aggregated a bunch of details here: AX8 Rear Panel Revealed! | AxeFxTutorials.com

SPDIF out only. USB is there and I want to say Cliff mentioned it'll support re-amping via USB but I can't find the reference for that now. It was in the monster reveal thread.

I'm going to be really curious to see all the "stats" when it comes out like number of amps, etc. I love having tons of amps, effects, etc. in the Axe-FX but to be honest, I only need a few "favorites". Cliff and Co. did a great job with the AX-8. Great idea to have a smaller version with the gigging guitarist in mind.

Back
Top Bottom