AX-8 Price

What's an accelerator?

k2XGUHP.jpg
:)

Not anther waiting list... So people can clog up the system waiting to decide once they get the invitation... Why not just put it as a first come first out with full purchase price.. If it comes by month end, then there's no need for a waiting list!!

Great Price! Nice Move!

This product will be a game changer as most players don't want/need rack systems nowadays (myself included).

Will raise your market share to another level. Are you in NASDAQ ? :devilish:

What's an accelerator?

A DSP unit dedicated to performing a defined task. In this case it performs convolution. The difference is that a "DSP" as we commonly call them is really just a microcomputer optimized for Digital Signal Processing. The term DSP most correctly refers to any device that does signal processing using numerical computations. That device can be an FPGA, ASIC or fixed hardware unit. In the AX-8 it is a convolution processor.

To be honest, in my wildest dreams could not think of this price. It is way better that I imagened. Well done Fractal.
I'll be on the list as soon as it opens

A DSP unit dedicated to performing a defined task. In this case it performs convolution. The difference is that a "DSP" as we commonly call them is really just a microcomputer optimized for Digital Signal Processing. The term DSP most correctly refers to any device that does signal processing using numerical computations. That device can be an FPGA, ASIC or fixed hardware unit. In the AX-8 it is a convolution processor.

Thank you.

Depends on the effects but typically 8-10 in addition to amp and cab. The amp and cab block use very little of the main DSP. The amp runs in a dedicated DSP and the cab processing runs in an accelerator. Therefore most of the main DSP is available for effects.
Nice! Is there a list of effects that won't be included from the axe fx 2?

Also, how will we know when the waiting list opens? I want to be one of the first to sign up. Haha

Hmmm- was thinking about getting an mfc soon... Seems like it would make more sense to get an ax8 at this price point...

$1399! That's amazing. I was expected closer to $1800. I mean not to judge before hearing reviews of both but I don't see how line 6 can even compete at that price level haha.

Let the wild speculation and armchair CEO stuff commence!!!

I think you'll know that you've reached critical mass when the gadget sites and securities analysts start breaking apart the box and speculating about what your manufacturing cost might be.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom