AX-8 Firmware Version 10.00

Installing FW10 over RC2, my main preset Amp levels were 4-10 dB too loud and clipped the unit until I reduced them. Using the USA Pre Clean and MK II C++, I believe (already packed up for the gig).
Oh well, two of the amps I use the most :/ Time to fiddle.

Today I encountered something interesting. Didn't take a look on the Pitch-block for a while, but since FW 10 the tabs are somehow overlaying each other (see picture for details). As far as I see, this is only the case on the Pitch-block. Restarting the unit won't fix that. Anyone else encountering this behavior?

Edit: Phone pictures and auto swapping...so since it is exactly in 180° turned, you will find the tabs in the bottom left corner :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180820_184652.jpg
    IMG_20180820_184652.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
Had a 2.5 hrs gig last night. And, woaaw what a sound with fw10. Everything is so real. I wonder how Cliff could improve further from here.

Oh well, two of the amps I use the most :/ Time to fiddle.
Well, I found out none of my amps changed their volumes. I still took the time to re-check everything and make some subtle changes here and there, like switching off some FXL blocks that I wasn't using and I found were changing the sound a bit.

Thanks for improving the gap between x/y amps. R10 sounds great, and this improvement has been added awesome sauce for me.

I still took the time to re-check everything and make some subtle changes here and there, like switching off some FXL blocks that I wasn't using and I found were changing the sound a bit.

This is interesting. I used 10 at volume for the first time at a rehearsal yesterday after reworking all my presets. I noticed that some of them seemed to have a hint of reverb in them although I only have that block on when playing at home. Is that what you were noticing?

Still 10 sounded great and my band mates noticed the improvement.

Today I encountered something interesting. Didn't take a look on the Pitch-block for a while, but since FW 10 the tabs are somehow overlaying each other (see picture for details). As far as I see, this is only the case on the Pitch-block. Restarting the unit won't fix that. Anyone else encountering this behavior?

Edit: Phone pictures and auto swapping...so since it is exactly in 180° turned, you will find the tabs in the bottom left corner :D
I have the same issue.

The response to pick attack is so... Incredible...

Let's say a Tele into the Friedman 2018 with gain at 2.5. Wow! From clean to dirty and all in between just with the attack of the pick.

A function where you could select a bunch of presets and then automatically replace the amp (or any other) block with a block from the block library would be really handy. I don't care, if it takes one minute per preset, but yesterday, I updated the amp and cab blocks in 40 presets with blocks from the block library. The worst part is not the long time or the extreme boredom, but there is also a large risk of mistakes. An automated way would be so much better. It would eliminate my need for global blocks.

I once proposed the following idea:

1. Add a simple "Link To Preset (...)" parameter to the Amp block on the AX8.

This establishes a link between the Amp block in the current preset to the Amp block in another (source/reference) preset. But it is not an automatic (dynamic) link, so there is no impact on preset loading times.

When using multiple/different Amp models in presets, use multiple source/reference presets to link to.

2. Add an "Update linked blocks" command to the editor.

3. When the Amp blocks need updating, adjust the Amp block in the source/reference preset(s). Then execute the "Update linked blocks" command. This launches a batch process which updates all presets with Amp blocks that are linked to source/reference presets.
The result is similar to Global Blocks, but far easier to implement.

I'm seeing the same issue

Please post this stuff as a seperate "Bug" thread.

Hi guys I have done the update but don't see the new amps?

I haven't done this myself, as I haven't even looked for the new amps (still tweaking my presets); but further upthread it's been suggested that in AX8- Edit you go to Settings and then Refresh After New Firmware, or something to that effect.

This establishes a link between the Amp block in the current preset to the Amp block in another (source/reference) preset. But it is not an automatic (dynamic) link, so there is no impact on preset loading times.

When using multiple/different Amp models in presets, use multiple source/reference presets to link to.

3. When the Amp blocks need updating, adjust the Amp block in the source/reference preset(s). Then execute the "Update linked blocks" command. This launches a batch process which updates all presets with Amp blocks that are linked to source/reference presets.

Queue @AlGrenadine - sounds like something FracTool could do

This is a great idea and I'd really find this immensely useful on the AX8. Since it has less power then the rack I find I need to use more presets on the AX8 vs the II, mainly for different FX. The lack of Global Amps makes the AX8 far more time consuming to keep presets/AMPS updated.

Your solution is clever and I would think easier to implement then Global Blocks as well...

In addition, a 'Load from linked preset'-functionality may be useful on the device, to on the fly load a change in the linked preset to the specific preset without the need of the AX8-Edit in live situations.

Is there a feature request somewhere? This would be really nice.

Thanks for the update!

I now am able to have presets where the bulk of the song may be a Fender type amp and then switch to a Marshall sound for the lead work! I game changer for me. I now have to rethink how to arrange my gig strategy setup?? I may even delve in to the Controller use for Gain settings. For a NON TWEAKER, this is plain crazy! Can you say black hole!

I loaded the new firmware but cant find the new Friedman 18 C45 amp in the list. Tried the refresh after new fw and nothing. Any ideas? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom