AX-8 Firmware Version 10.00

Successfully uploaded.
Haven't done a direct tone check, but as a preamp thru my Carvin TS100 and GFlex cab, everything is noticeably brighter.
Other than that , no issues as yet.
Stoked with the faster switching.
Thanx to the Fractal team ..... :D

No problem with update from RC2 to final version, but I can't find Friedman 18 C45 in my amp list!!!! Any ideas why?

SOLVED: Settings->Refresh after new FW

Last edited:
Perfect timing for the official v10 release for me as I have a show this weekend; I've been rehearsing with the betas (without any issues) but it's sweet the official release it out.

Thanks Cliff and FAS for stuffing as much as Ares as they could into the AX8 (with CPU savings!!!), going through the contortions (compiler bugs, etc.) getting the AX8 code foundation to align with the other platforms, and chasing and quickly fixing the bugs users were reporting, etc....always impressive and appreciated...:cool:

There are a lot of amp models that I didn't "gel" with in prior firmware versions that I am now finding that I like a lot. It's like getting a lot more than four new amp models for me!

As several others have said: Excellent update with amazing sound. I have said it before and I will say it again, the dedication to customer service here is unparalleled and it is the reason I will continue to support this company as long as I play. This release had to have been such a pain in the ass to get right and it was presented, free of charge, to those who own the unit, despite requiring a major update to the system. Cliff, your work is greatly appreciated and I hope you feel like the end result is worth the time and effort you and your team put in. You guys are the best. Cheers!

Sounds really smooth...like smoother than the release candidate versions-Fractal has completely changed my perspective on modeling, played live for the first time last week even though I've had the unit for almost two years-just wasn't ready to let go of my tried and true Mesa MK IIc+ live and wanted my presets to precisely sit where we needed them to be in the FOH mix. Everyone is happy and the other guitarist is ready to make the turn as well. You know its right when everyone else tells you its right.
Inspiration for most of us is hard to come by as the years go by...Thank you for all the hard work that quietly gets put into this; you are there, if it never gets any better than this last update it wouldn't matter (for me)...just awesome.

Thanks to all the great forum members who worked so diligently to identify, report, and map out steps to reproduce the few bugs that inevitably pop up in the release of complex software like this. And thanks to Cliff and the Fractal team for cleaning them up. This is exactly how beta/RC processes work in a strong community. And it sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom