AX8 Carry Case...a tip for you..

If you are in Australia, get one of these. Its perfect, NO extra foam or padding required, fits like a glove, you can fit the power lead in as well but that's it. Super Sturdy and only $52 as opposed to nearly 500 on the Independent Music site.

Looks like the perfect solution!

Looks good -bummer is my Ax8 is mounted on a pedal train type board so I still cannot find a good size carrying case like this due to the extra size.

I purchased the bottom piece from this set. I had been toting my entire AX8 rig around in a duffel bag. I like the fact the box has wheels and a telescoping handle. The AX8 fits perfectly in the bottom. I used some packing foam I have stashed on the bottom and the sides. I am able to store my expression pedals, volume pedal, wireless, IEM, cables and power strip all in one case and I can roll it easily up stairs or anywhere it needs to go.

I got the idea from this thread, so thank you for the tip.

If you are in Australia, get one of these. Its perfect, NO extra foam or padding required, fits like a glove, you can fit the power lead in as well but that's it. Super Sturdy and only $52 as opposed to nearly 500 on the Independent Music site.

That looks great. Now I just need to move to Australia!

I picked one up not for this purpose, but it comes with 6 insert cups, I left 3 in, and use for picks and batteries, rest of the compartment, is all my other gig stuff IE: iems, slide, pick holders, mic, strap, wireless, tape, all kinds of goodies.

Just finished my new pedalboard for the upcoming tour. Wanted something smaller so I decided to leave my pedaltrain at home. The Magnum 44 which used to be on my board is in my luggage since I only need that if my FRFR wedge doesn't work. As simple as possible. Quite happy :)

This looks great! I have the same setup including the wireless unit. Are the Ax8 and expression pedal attached? Is that a surge protector?

Just finished my new pedalboard for the upcoming tour. Wanted something smaller so I decided to leave my pedaltrain at home. The Magnum 44 which used to be on my board is in my luggage since I only need that if my FRFR wedge doesn't work. As simple as possible. Quite happy :)

Asphyx74 where did you bought the "hooks" to get the power cable down to the board?

1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, my old board :)
Bought them in Germany at Amazon, but you should be able to get them anywhere. The only problem is nobody knows how to call them :D
Look for "adhesive backed mounting bases".

Oh, my old board :)
Bought them in Germany at Amazon, but you should be able to get them anywhere. The only problem is nobody knows how to call them :D
Look for "adhesive backed mounting bases".

Found out that they are cable tie mounting bases. Thanks for the reply Asphyx74

I purchased the bottom piece from this set. I had been toting my entire AX8 rig around in a duffel bag. I like the fact the box has wheels and a telescoping handle. The AX8 fits perfectly in the bottom. I used some packing foam I have stashed on the bottom and the sides. I am able to store my expression pedals, volume pedal, wireless, IEM, cables and power strip all in one case and I can roll it easily up stairs or anywhere it needs to go.

I got the idea from this thread, so thank you for the tip.

Which box did you get exactly? I am using a small suitcase now. I also like it because it has wheels. When I travel I usually put my AX8, volume pedal, etc inside and stuff my clothes around it. It is probably not the most reliable solution, but I like that it has wheels and that I get my guitar stuff and clothes in one suitcase. Many of the cases are way too heavy and big to get into a suitcase.

I bought this Rigid brand tool case from Home Depot and it fits the AX-8 nearly perfectly with a little room to spare. I use some 1/2" thick foam on the top to keep it from moving around in the case. Theres just enough on the side for the power cable and maybe a guitar cable. Just passing on the tip...!

View attachment 39515 View attachment 39516

How much does the case itself weigh and can you also get these with wheels?

Back
Top Bottom