Ax 8 and Pricing

Led man32

Hi! I’m finally looking to make the jump into the Axe Fx family and I’m looking at getting an Ax8. My question is about pricing. I was looking on reverb and noticed they are going used for 1050-1400 approximately. So it was a surprise when I went on the fractal site and saw them new for 1099, despite being out of stock right now. Soooo, are these things really only 1099 new??? For some reason I was thinking they were 1399 or more?

Yep, that's the real price. I was as surprised as you when I bought mine about 2 months ago.
I don't know how the second hand market is getting away with over-charging, do people just not know about buying them direct??

Some of the reverb sellers jack up the price when things are out of stock, others maybe bought it for $1399, and in the mind of many a reverb seller, used should mean 1% less than the price of new, so they ask what they paid for it, because why should they lose money on an item just because they played it for a year, right ? lol

Additionally, asking and getting are two different things. You can ask $1400 all day long, but for the past 2 months, when the Ax8 was in stock, and for $1099, I doubt anyone in their right mind was buying used for $300 more. I know I'm glad I got it direct from Fractal for $1099,, arrived 2 days after I ordered, with full warranty, and brand new.

Thanks for the insight, all! Looks like I’ll be giving my money to the Fractal folks.
Good idea that you're purchasing your AX8 from Fractal, as the warranty in not transferable from the original owner (whether new or used condition). Also, when you purchase from Fractal, you will have the opportunity to buy the extended 3 year warranty for $129.99, which is a good deal I think. I own an AX8 and got the extended warranty. It's worth waiting for! Have a great day.

Here is a thread about warranties from last year:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...if-you-trade-or-buy-used.130736/#post-1548897

I haven't been around for the last couple of months and I think I've missed something :)

if 1099$ was the regular price in US, when can we expect EU price update? 1099$ seems to be quite low, compared with 1217 EUR (excluding VAT...)

Thanks for any info on that!

Plus I believe you can buy the AX8 and have up to a year to purchase the extended warranty, which gives me a while to think about it. Makes sense due to the fact that the 3 year warranty is really an "extra 2 year warranty".

Back
Top Bottom