AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to tell, all my others presets are exactly 100% the same, exept with different 3rd party OH cabs... And all these other presets work perfectly.
So maybe che bug has to do with a specific cab location

my presets sound better to me on beta 5 compared to candidate 1 my overdrives seem to be broken up and not as crisp and tight and just don't sound right to me on the latest release, I didn't tweak anything on either release ,just curious as to what was changed tonewise between the two, any insight

I can post the preset, but it is with a 3rd party OH cab, so the preset will be without the cab.
Here it is :

I have to tell, all my others presets are exactly 100% the same, exept with different 3rd party OH cabs... And all these other presets work perfectly.
If you switch to a factory cab is it fine?

Hi Cliff,
The attached preset reproduces the laggy tuner and general UI lag on AX8 firmware 10.00rc1.

It's a Tucana Lead preset with a Wah block controlled by External 1 and it clocks around 75% CPU. Toggling footswitches is noticably laggy. The tuner updates at a very low framerate. This happens regardless of whether the USB cable is connected.

My other presets (Double Verb Vib and Deluxe Tweed) do not lag and work beautifully with firmware 10.

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for that. So if I take the AMP block out of the preset the tuner seems to react just fine. I didn't try changing the amp model to see if that too would help. It's definitely not behaving correctly.

my presets sound better to me on beta 5 compared to candidate 1 my overdrives seem to be broken up and not as crisp and tight and just don't sound right to me on the latest release, I didn't tweak anything on either release ,just curious as to what was changed tonewise between the two, any insight
There were no changes to the modeling.

An interesting study would be to evaluate how people hear their own guitar sounds based on other circumstances in life. Like taking into account current mood, appetite, relationships, fatigue, work, what else they listened too in between, how well they were playing that day, etc.

I have a feeling that all humans are notoriously bad at detailed evaluations from memory, but most have a positive view of themselves and end up with an opinion based more around external circumstances than actual changes. Myself included. I was feeling so good about my sound Wednesday w/9.04, I listened to the "No more tears" album on the way home and after a pizza dinner, proceeded to jam, and I found myself a little sad and perplexed at what I was hearing.

Installed rc1. Sounds great but found i believe a bug. When using the delay linked to bpm tempo The timings are not correct. Also in the 2 modulation tabs i have the same issue with the lfo1 and 2 Rates. I wonder if it is due to ax8 edit or yhe firmware. Just flagging.

Just updated from 9.04 to 10.0 RC1. Installation went smooth, I didn‘t experience any bugs or hiccups yet and most importantly... it sounds really, really good. Thank you, good people at FractalAudio!!!

Last edited:
Greetings,

I just made the jump from 9.04 to 10.0 RC1 as well and everything is sounding and working great thus far. (It seems like preset changes might be quicker too.) The update is very much appreciated!

All the best,

Alan

I confirm. My presets also sound better on beta5 and beta6 than on RC1.

Chris - I think he was referring to these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom