AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was loving R9 and was going to wait for the final release - but what the heck.

I thought people may be a little crazy stating the gap had shortened, but it really seems to be true.

One thing I noticed - and this may have been mentioned but I got a bit confused with all the different beta releases:
Reset block of a amp goes back to 59BassGuy.
Recreate - on a clean slate (new preset), select Friedman 2018 and a cab. Reset the amp block - amp changes to 59Bass Guy (with sound, etc...). I believe my existing presets do the same thing - reset the block of any amp goes to 59BassGuy (amp 006). Or maybe the gremlins in my jam room love the 59BassGuy. I went from R9.04 to 10 RC directly.

Mr Fractal, your passion for your craft is amazing and we all thank you for sure.
I would love to see the source code for this project (>20yr embedded guy).

Thanks for this!!! I am now breaking out all my favorite heavy riffs and hot licks, power chords, modal extensions, 12 tone rows, voice leading with 4 part 4ths, and one note I learned from B.B King.. to the chagrin of my neighbors

Did this release change the tone in any way compared to the last beta release, or is it just functionality changes

I was loving R9 and was going to wait for the final release - but what the heck.

I thought people may be a little crazy stating the gap had shortened, but it really seems to be true.

One thing I noticed - and this may have been mentioned but I got a bit confused with all the different beta releases:
Reset block of a amp goes back to 59BassGuy.
Recreate - on a clean slate (new preset), select Friedman 2018 and a cab. Reset the amp block - amp changes to 59Bass Guy (with sound, etc...). I believe my existing presets do the same thing - reset the block of any amp goes to 59BassGuy (amp 006). Or maybe the gremlins in my jam room love the 59BassGuy. I went from R9.04 to 10 RC directly.

Mr Fractal, your passion for your craft is amazing and we all thank you for sure.
I would love to see the source code for this project (>20yr embedded guy).
Resetting the amp block does exactly that - resets it to default which is the 59 Bassguy at default settings. AX8-Edit has a function in the Block menu called “Initialize block” which will reset the block (actually just the X or Y side you’re viewing), but keep the Type you’ve selected.

Those having trouble with the Amp Block 'Reset' selecting the 59 Bassguy, use the 'Reset Current Effect Type' from the Block tab (in AX8 Edit) and it will reset the parameters of the amp in the preset.

Just installed the Beta - everything seems to be working as it should. Much thanks for the continued updates! My presets continue to sound better and better. I’ve reached that pinnacle where the AX8 completely eclipses my real amp/pedal setup. I was telling a good friend tonight that it almost sounds too good. Lol

Loaded the RC with no problem. The Mesa models are definitely fixed. I can't reproduce the timeouts that were reported earlier in this thread.

I'll give it a shot, but I've never disabled it in the past and this is the first time I've encountered this.

I don't disable power amp sims when using a power amp and guitar cab; I haven't updated yet; will probably do it later today but I am a bit concerned about reports that modifiers slow down scene changes so will need to back up first.

Possible bug:

When adjusting parameters with the ABCDE knobs, the virtual knob indicator on the screen gets momentarily dim or nonexistent. It returns when you stop twisting. Maybe the screen writes just can't keep up.

The knobs are still usable, but the indicator behavior is a little distracting.

Last edited:
Hi Cliff,
The attached preset reproduces the laggy tuner and general UI lag on AX8 firmware 10.00rc1.

It's a Tucana Lead preset with a Wah block controlled by External 1 and it clocks around 75% CPU. Toggling footswitches is noticably laggy. The tuner updates at a very low framerate. This happens regardless of whether the USB cable is connected.

My other presets (Double Verb Vib and Deluxe Tweed) do not lag and work beautifully with firmware 10.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• WH10 Tucana.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
I've got the same issue with the tuner as mentioned by others, except this, everything is ok except with one of my preset (which is exactly the same as my other ones, just another cab) when I switch to this particular preset, I've got no sound at all, just a noise, and the AX8 doesn't respond anymore, I have to reboot the unit.

Resetting the amp block does exactly that - resets it to default which is the 59 Bassguy at default settings. AX8-Edit has a function in the Block menu called “Initialize block” which will reset the block (actually just the X or Y side you’re viewing), but keep the Type you’ve selected.

Thanks for the clarification. Mandela effect for me on this one as for some reason I thought it kept the amp types and some of the basic settings (like basic tone controls) and reset the rest of the parameters in the block. Too much work and no play for me.:confused:

I've got the same issue with the tuner as mentioned by others, except this, everything is ok except with one of my preset (which is exactly the same as my other ones, just another cab) when I switch to this particular preset, I've got no sound at all, just a noise, and the AX8 doesn't respond anymore, I have to reboot the unit.
I think it would be useful to post that preset so that Cliff can examine it to find the bug

hi just updated my ax*
i noticed that the tuner is doing something funny. it doesnt respond as smooth as before, the ball was moving too slow
thanks

I think it would be useful to post that preset so that Cliff can examine it to find the bug
I can post the preset, but it is with a 3rd party OH cab, so the preset will be without the cab.
Here it is :

I have to tell, all my others presets are exactly 100% the same, exept with different 3rd party OH cabs... And all these other presets work perfectly.

Attachments

• Prest Bug.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
I ve notest slower response of scene controls and ABCDE knobs....but only with a few presets that are atached to gain or trim controller...possible Bug...Other presets are working fine...Btw the sound is Awesome:)

Reactions: DTS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom