AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played arround 1 hour with a great smile:) now - usa modells work and i am very happy!

But can it be, that the FX Loop is significant more noisy than before?
Also when In2/Out2 is bridged with a TS cable there is noticeably more noise now (all Levels in the FX Loop Block are "0dB", In2=+4dBu, Out2=0dBu in the i/O Levels Menu)!

So i go to bed now and dream sweat AX8 dreams...

I feel like a bad apple here, but I have updated to v10 RC1 and am still seeing a delay between scene changes and my tuner is still jumps around instead of having a 'smooth' motion.

The sound is great, but I will need to go back to v9.04 for this weekend. :(

I feel like a bad apple here, but I have updated to v10 RC1 and am still seeing a delay between scene changes and my tuner is still jumps around instead of having a 'smooth' motion.

The sound is great, but I will need to go back to v9.04 for this weekend. :(
All good man. That's why we beta -- more people trying it out, more chance we find the weird edge case bugs. Any chance you can give us your system settings and the presets you're seeing issues with?

All good man. That's why we beta -- more people trying it out, more chance we find the weird edge case bugs. Any chance you can give us your system settings and the presets you're seeing issues with?
Absolutely. Can you tell me specifically what system settings you are looking for? Or can I do a 'dump' of them and attach them here in any way?

btw - I'm reinstalling v10 RC1 right now and will look at some of the factory presets as I was seeing the delay with scene changes on my own presets, although they are relatively basic in content and CPU usage.

Absolutely. Can you tell me specifically what system settings you are looking for? Or can I do a 'dump' of them and attach them here in any way?
In Fractal-Bot there’s a system setting back up option. Use that. Attach file to a post here.

Really interesting...
On factory presets #1-1 DoubleVerb and #2-1 DeluxeVerb, the scene changes are smooth and the tuner responds as expected.

On my own built presets (one attached) the scene changes have a bit of a delay between hitting the button on the AX8 and seeing the change on screen. The tuner also has a delay between hitting a string and the tuner's response. (Jumpy vs. smooth.)

btw - This is just one more reason why I love FAS products and their staff! Who else does this shit for their customers?

Attachments

• 180720-180514-system.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Friedman.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
As with each update, sounding fantastic and I'm going through making gentle tweaks to my existing sounds.

I am finding that this sounds great going direct using IRs, but when I disable cab emulation and run it through my power amp to 2x12 guitar cab there's an added layer of crisp fizziness that I'm having a hard time dilaing out. Would love to hear from anyone else using traditional cabs as to what you're hearing in this release and how you're adjusting for it.

just updated to RC1. i have a gig tonight.

i came from one of the first Public Betas, whatever didn't have the "volume fixes." i adjusted only levels with the RC and it seemed ok, but then for the heck of it i "soft reset" the amp block by choosing a different amp type, then back to what i want.

the volume jumped up like crazy, louder than the numbers may have indicated.

so if you are installing this RC1 from an older version of the Public Beta, i suggest turning your speakers down, then soft resetting the amps and readjusting your Levels. it seems something from the old values was adjusted and it was actually quieter than it should have been.

after i did that, things seem to be working properly overall. cool!

As with each update, sounding fantastic and I'm going through making gentle tweaks to my existing sounds.

I am finding that this sounds great going direct using IRs, but when I disable cab emulation and run it through my power amp to 2x12 guitar cab there's an added layer of crisp fizziness that I'm having a hard time dilaing out. Would love to hear from anyone else using traditional cabs as to what you're hearing in this release and how you're adjusting for it.

You'll probably need to disable power amp modeling.

What's the difference between "Beta" and "Candidate"?

Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss.

Release candidate. A release candidate (RC), also known as "going silver", is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

I've updated my AX8 with 10.00 Beta#4 and now can't see the amp model names in AX Edit. Has anyone else had this issue?

I've updated my AX8 with 10.00 Beta#4 and now can't see the amp model names in AX Edit. Has anyone else had this issue?
Update to this latest version.

With any update, you must click Settings and Refresh after FW update in AX8-Edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom