AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something similar happened with the Axe3 I think. This could clue into the fix.

Can someone confirm that going to the VU level set page shows the Fine Amp level as “Off” until you change it there? I think it’s on preset load or first power up but I’m at the gig and can’t test.

Can someone also remind me how to move the cursors in the GEQ Block? I have it set to 5 Band passive and can’t move it right to grab the 5th band. E isn’t moving it?
Yes, I can confirm it, and if I change it, the AX8 Edit shows that value in the next preset as well. That means I have two different valeus, correct value in AX8 VU meter, and "wrong" value in AX8 Edit.

Finally! After following all the v10 threads, doing a gig using my old v9.04 and coming back from vacation, I finally downloaded and installed RC2 and so far, I am quite pleased. Some of my presets now use less CPU and sound amazing. I have not noticed any problems at all after a couple of hours playing at home at low volume.
Thanks to Cliff and all those who downloaded early and helped in the debugging process. I will try at my rehearsal Friday night using my personal presets. Also swapping out my JBL EON 610s for a single Headrush FRFR which finally came in yesterday after 3 months waiting.
Hope to do my part and report any issue discovered and will be swapping between JBL and Headrush to see if it was worth the wait and will chime in on my findings.

what are your midi issues?

I run all my patch changes via midi out of Pro Tools, and it works for every single song we have except one. Every single possible setting I have checked is identical on that song compared to all the others (and trust me I've looked and looked and looked). The weird thing is, it works like... 40% of the time, but more often than not, as soon as the first command comes through (which is Program 1) instead of selecting bank 17 preset 1 like it does with every other song, it just goes to Bank 1 Preset 1. This has actually screwed up a couple of shows we've played as a result.

I run all my patch changes via midi out of Pro Tools, and it works for every single song we have except one. Every single possible setting I have checked is identical on that song compared to all the others (and trust me I've looked and looked and looked). The weird thing is, it works like... 40% of the time, but more often than not, as soon as the first command comes through (which is Program 1) instead of selecting bank 17 preset 1 like it does with every other song, it just goes to Bank 1 Preset 1. This has actually screwed up a couple of shows we've played as a result.
Preset 1 of bank 17 is basically preset #129. PC messages only go up to 128 so this means you have to send a bank select message before the PC to recall that preset (or any preset beyond the 128th)

Maybe you're aware of this, I wrote it just to exclude it's an user error.

Last edited:
Yes, I can confirm it, and if I change it, the AX8 Edit shows that value in the next preset as well. That means I have two different valeus, correct value in AX8 VU meter, and "wrong" value in AX8 Edit.
Can confirm this. This is even present if not connected to the PC.
So, line value on the Meters page stays the same then switching in between two amps with different line levels (X/Y) or in between presets.
Starts with "off" and sticks to the last value, until the A-knob is turned. The new dialed in value on this page is used and LEDs behave as expected.

The line indicator LEDs on X/Y and change of preset is changing as expected, and the levels also (obviously).

Looks like a an event on change of the Amp-block state is missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom