AX-8 10.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new modeling is different and the default values may be changed to reflect that.

Does it sound good?
It appears I may be the only one with this issue as others are only reporting decrease in volume. I reloaded 10.00 and it is still showing the same values as I listed before. No it doesn't sound good as the values are off considerably. I rebuilt the Friedman 2018 with some of the 9.04 values in the HBE model (if that makes sense) and it is bright but I can tame that. I'm sure it is user error on my part. I will say the CPU usage is lower which is great!

Updated to 10.00 but noticed the values in the amps in 9.04 to be excessive different. Examples: CF Hardness defaults to 0 and used to be 7.5. In the HBE model the negative feedback used to be 7 now defaults to 3, the bright cap volume is very low and saturation used to default to 4 and now defaults to 1. Just double checking with the Tone Wizards at Fractal (or others) if these values are correct for Ax8 10.00. I greatly appreciate the expertise at Fractal!
There are issues with AX8-Edit reporting values due to the new architecture. If you use the hardware the values will report correctly. All the models are working properly and sound correct.

noob alert!
This is my first update since purchase. When I update the firmware, will I loose all my user presets?
Thanks guys!

Exactly same here. Had to crank up everything with approx 5 db. So looks normal.
I wonder if Global OUT1/OUT2 on the AX8 unit can be used to just globally add 5DB of gain across the board as a quick fix till i adjust each preset level?

There are issues with AX8-Edit reporting values due to the new architecture. If you use the hardware the values will report correctly. All the models are working properly and sound correct.
Is it recommended to not use AX8 Edit to edit presets then and use the AX8 hardware for all edits until a new AX8 Edit is released?

Is it recommended to not use AX8 Edit to edit presets then and use the AX8 hardware for all edits until a new AX8 Edit is released?

You can use AX8-Edit for the basic stuff in the Amp block (Drive, BMT, etc) but stay away from any of the advanced stuff for now. The other blocks and all the other stuff you can use without repercussions.

I wonder if Global OUT1/OUT2 on the AX8 unit can be used to just globally add 5DB of gain across the board as a quick fix till i adjust each preset level?

I’m not too sure that will translate well across all your presets. The various amp models may need individual volume adjustments due to the nature of their modeling architecture.
...ie clean amps vs hi gain architecture ...

As an early AxeFx III owner, I thought that would be the focus for all my future oohs and ahhhs over sound and firmware....but Im telling ya, this Ax8 10.00 is something to be excited about, to my ears, it has really closed the gap between the two units, and has breathed strongly perceived new clarity into the tones, and seems to prove that aX8 is far from end-of-life.......

As an early AxeFx III owner, I thought that would be the focus for all my future oohs and ahhhs over sound and firmware....but Im telling ya, this Ax8 10.00 is something to be excited about, to my ears, it has really closed the gap between the two units, and has breathed strongly perceived new clarity into the tones, and seems to prove that aX8 is far from end-of-life.......
It really is amazing to have the AX8 on par with the latest and greatest from FAS.

Cliff:
First of all: THANK YOU for your constant support and aim for improvement!!! Just to let you know that it's not taken for granted and vastly appreciated.

As I am in the middle of a recording session it's impossible for me to test this Beta (and I'm dying for) so, I'll have to wait for the Official release. But in the meantime I have just one question, more like a tongue-in-cheek request if you will, LOL... Will there be any new Factory Presets Pack like in some previous major FW updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom