AX-8 10.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
gift_horse.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here in Germany we say "Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul".

Updated to 10.00 but noticed the values in the amps in 9.04 to be excessive different. Examples: CF Hardness defaults to 0 and used to be 7.5. In the HBE model the negative feedback used to be 7 now defaults to 3, the bright cap volume is very low and saturation used to default to 4 and now defaults to 1. Just double checking with the Tone Wizards at Fractal (or others) if these values are correct for Ax8 10.00. I greatly appreciate the expertise at Fractal!

Updated to 10.00 but noticed the values in the amps in 9.04 to be excessive different. Examples: CF Hardness defaults to 0 and used to be 7.5. In the HBE model the negative feedback used to be 7 now defaults to 3, the bright cap volume is very low and saturation used to default to 4 and now defaults to 1. Just double checking with the Tone Wizards at Fractal (or others) if these values are correct for Ax8 10.00. I greatly appreciate the expertise at Fractal!
Did you reset the amp blocks? Try that first. The settings from 9.04 don't always translate well across large firmware updates like this.

Did you reset the amp blocks? Try that first. The settings from 9.04 don't always translate well across large firmware updates like this.
I was setting up a new preset with the new amps and noticed the difference. I went to the HBE model and noticed the same values.

I just adjusted the volume on all my presets and played a lot around. Not sure if its my imagination, but the x/y-ampswitching speed seems to be really improved by a lot and it sounds overall fantastic!
Can't wait to test it with my new FRFR in the rehearsal room ...
I can confirm this.. And also when switching scenes and states with ax8-edit connected there are no more dropouts! Great!

I found one small bug though: when switching amp x/y state via the dedicated footswitch ax8-edit doesn't reflect the change

Last edited:
Anyone else having major issues with the input gate? It's staying at the same settings when I change presets, regardless of what the preset should have. I'll do some more testing to further describe it; I don't know if it has to do with AX8-Edit yet either, or if this is a common issue with firmware updates.

Just tried it. Sounds awesome. Switching between presets and scenes much faster. All presets a little quieter. Haven't gone into more than that so far.

Do we have to reset the amp block in our presets and tweak them from scratch to get the best results? Or will a soft reset(selecting another amp and selecting the one we had before) be ok?

I can confirm this.. And also when switching scenes and states with ax8-edit connected there are no more dropouts! Great!

I found one small bug though: when switching amp x/y state via a footswitch ax8-edit doesn't reflect the change
The specific AmpXY switch?

Do we have to reset the amp block in our presets and tweak them from scratch to get the best results? Or will a soft reset(selecting another amp and selecting the one we had before) be ok?
The “soft reset” can work, but you might not need to do that at all. A full block reset can be argued as always the “best” practice.

How do I reset amp block? Sorry :s
Soft reset (some settings): choose a new amp type, then go back to what you want

Full reset: in the Block menu in AX8-Edit, choose Reset block or Initialize block. Note that this just resets the current X or Y channel, not the entire Block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom