AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the 10.0 beta earlier today and I've had issues with volume in my presets and AXY switches. THe volume would be completely off in the AXY setting
Download this beta and see if your volume problems don't go away. :)

Not sure what "AXY" is.

Download this beta and see if your volume problems don't go away. :)

Not sure what "AXY" is.
AXY switching is what I meant... and I just DL'd Beta 6 and no dice. My volume is TOTALLY gone on all my AXY patches... So I'm just going to revert to 9.04 until the issue is resolved, as I have rehearsals and gigs all week!

Played version 6 for about an hour. I don't use scenes or X/Y because the idea of probable confusion scares me, so I don't have those problems. (I am easily confused.) Tuner actually seems faster and easier to use. Got stuck on Fender Vibroverb and Deluxe, both of which sound great. Have not yet encountered issue with F3 down switch.

AXY switching is what I meant... and I just DL'd Beta 6 and no dice. My volume is TOTALLY gone on all my AXY patches... So I'm just going to revert to 9.04 until the issue is resolved, as I have rehearsals and gigs all week!
Do you mean X/Y switching? Is the volume down on both sides, or just the Y side?

hopefully you try this latest beta @ChadVanHalen.

i've never saw any of what you described here in any of the 5 betas. did you have Fractal-Bot or AX8-Edit connected or anything else?
Nor have I. Scene changes are snappier than ever, and the tuner comes up, like, right now.

I've Installed 10 Beta 6 and I'm not having the problem with amp Y any more.
I've tried a few presets, reset the unit a few times, switch using scenes on the unit (Scene 1/2 switch) and with AX8edit clicking between 1 and 2.
I've always got the right amp and my correct settings.
I'll see if I can find a way to repeat the behaviour noticed by others.

So just gave it a quick try before going of to Festival, and it does sound better. Less compressed, tighter low end, I really like it.
X/Y change bug seems to not appear on my unit, but the Tuner feels more unresponsive. Looks like it has a lower priority than before, didn't go that smooth.
But apart from that - the improved X/Y change speed is a really welcome. Feels a lot of more responsive on change of the amp model.

Your next show is almost three weeks away? How long would it take you to roll back to old firmware if you had to? :)
Probably 5 minutes. LOL! I’m just lazy I guess. For now I’ll stick with the III for Ares tones and update the AX8 when it’s out of Beta and a little more stable.

sorry yes, Public Beta 3 - but it's the 6th beta, as per the filename.
I guess the first 3 didn't make the cut for a public release.

I too was trying to figure it out a little bit ago..then read the link in the filename & felt like I hadn't missed a bunch of things haha

I too am nervous about trying out the beta...but might pull the trigger before next weeks gig

I'll try this new one, but besides the XY issue the other one is the responsiveness of Ax8-edit, it's super slow.

I've experienced erratic performance from presets. Some switch very fast, some very slow, the XY issue sometimes. The slow switching seems to be complex presets that are larded up with a lot of scene controllers. It may be that 10beta and or AX8edit don't yet interpret v9 presets correctly: even after FW refresh. For the time being I've just built a few new presets from scratch - on the hardware, and so far so good. That will get me through for now. As Ares is new architecture, I anticipate eventually rebuilding the amp & possibly cab blocks of every preset - but I'll obviously wait for final releases of 10 and an AX8Edit update to do that.

It may be the early adopter placebo effect, and I'm not doing any A/B tests: but seems to me that the power amp to cabinet interaction shows off more distinctive audible nuances between different cabinet IRs.

10beta sounds great!

Thank you FAS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom