AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'have come back to 9.04 but it won't work anymore... always X/Y problem, I use a Shiva Clean in X and a Friedman BE in Y, but instead of the BE, it's a 59 Bassguy, and no way to change to the BE even if I select it... I'm a bit lost

I'have come back to 9.04 but it won't work anymore... always X/Y problem, I use a Shiva Clean in X and a Friedman BE in Y, but instead of the BE, it's a 59 Bassguy, and no way to change to the BE even if I select it... I'm a bit lost
It helps to have a backup of your presets from the previous firmware as well. First reload 9.04, and then your presets and you'll be back exactly where you were.

In fact, the Y amp is a 59 Bassguy, but all settings are at 0 and the Level of the amp block is at - 89.3 dB, the Balance at -72 and the Input Select to Left. The Input Tril is at 3.162... Boost Bright and Cut switch are on... I have to reprograming all the Y amp block with my correct BE settings and save it and I have to do this for all my presets.

What about using Copy X to Y in Axe-Edit? You should also be able to dial in your Y amp, copy it, and "paste to Y" on your other presets.

Hello
This is my experience:

My default preset has:
X Euro Blu Modern
Y Shiva Clean

at power on the scenes with shiva (Y) are still in X mode,
If I change to Y there is no shiva amp but 59 bass guy with all parameter to zero
If I select a different preset it works correctly,
I came back to the initial preset and it works with shiva amp at Y....
When I power OFF/ON the preset has the problem again

thanks

Anyone notice the tuner appears to be glitchy? Like there is a slight delay before it responds to the input and movement of the ball seems to be jumpy, not as smooth as before.

Thanks a million for the fantastic firmware update, all my presets sound alot better and more alive ,just my opinion, they were off a hair until the beta 5 , i really noticed a big difference when i roll the volume back it cleans up soo soo nice ,it truly is like playing a real amp .... keep up the great work guy's and ROCK ON !!!

Last edited:
I've still installed the beta 1, but probably have to go back to quantum for awhile. Tomorrow is the first rehearsal since a long time and I don't want to risk anything :)

Sorry for not testing the new beta :/ I'll have to check it friday ...

All amps sound more muscular , x/y and scene-switching is so fast that it's usable for live gigs finally.
Really cool

I have a slight problem though. When I select scene 2 my amp won't go to amp y, wich it is programmed to do.

So I'll throw my .02 cents of the beta... The sound, just fantastic. Just fantastic. There's an added depth in both running to my PA and through a power amp into the cab at my feet that just sounds so real, as overused as that word is.

Couple things that have been happening to me on beta 4 and beta 5 (the only ones I've tried).
- Scene switching on the unit, for others I've heard the sound gap is gone, but not for me. Hitting scene 1/2 that goes from rhythm to lead takes a long time, it takes about 2 seconds for the sound and the display to catch up to the button press. Same with other scenes I've tried (though I did not try going into sticky scene mode, just mapped out scene selection on the main 8 buttons). I uninstalled and reinstalled the 4th beta a couple times hoping it would resolve itself, but that and 5 didn't help.
- Much like the delay on hitting the footswitches for scenes, the tuner has major major delay. Once I hold F3 for my tuner, it takes approximately 10-30 seconds for it to switch on (sometimes turning on, off, on off,) and when it gets to the tuner (as was mentioned in an above comment) the tuner hardly moves and isn't all that useful.
- And compounding on that when changing banks, getting to the bank list and going up is fine, but again, hitting F3 to go down a page is severely delayed

Note that the tuner in AX8-Edit was just as responsive as before, and switching scenes in AX8-Edit seemed to work like it should, just on the actual unit things are a little funky (as well as some issues with amp X/Y not being saved from previous presets and lack of volume still in beta 5, but those can be tweaked out on my end)

Overall I am really really enjoying the sound upgrade, but I'm needing to go back to 9.4 until the official release. Too many bugs still for rehearsals and shows, happy to keep testing them out as you release more beta updates Cliff! Keep up the good work!

For the record, I'm having the same problem as Marco describes here.
Loving the 10 sound/feel, but had to go back to v9.04 so the X/Y amp switching is solid.
Hoping a fix for this is on the list.

Hello
This is my experience:

My default preset has:
X Euro Blu Modern
Y Shiva Clean

at power on the scenes with shiva (Y) are still in X mode,
If I change to Y there is no shiva amp but 59 bass guy with all parameter to zero
If I select a different preset it works correctly,
I came back to the initial preset and it works with shiva amp at Y....
When I power OFF/ON the preset has the problem again

thanks

I am on beta5.
I don’t have the slow tuner issue.
I don’t have the slow scene change issue.
I don’t have the slow bank paging issue.

I don’t use AMP X/Y. But I use effect block X/Y and that works for me.

I haven’t used AX8-edit however to try and change any settings at all. Just the hardware to adjust level, BMT and that’s it.

I have a small gig tomorrow. I may go for it. Is it as easy as just using fractal bot to put 9.04 back if I chicken out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom