Awesome Tim Pierce Review

Triaxis75

Inspired
I'm not an owner of the FM9 but it's really cool to see some reputable fellas speak to the ability of the FM9. Again, I don't own it but I know that my unit has most of the functionality, if not all, of it's capabilities of what's under the hood. Really cool interview.

I'm not an owner of the FM9 but it's really cool to see some reputable fellas speak to the ability of the FM9. Again, I don't own it but I know that my unit has most of the functionality, if not all, of it's capabilities of what's under the hood. Really cool interview.

I just watched this and was getting ready to post it then I saw yours. Pretty cool hearing from Cooper and Rosh.

Last edited:
It baffles me how Rhett Shull is all over YT. He knows Rick Beato. Big deal. I've tried to get him to post something in music he's done over the last decade, and he won't. All his website shows are the presets he seems to cop from modelers and then sells them. I just don't get it. Why do people like Tim and Rick give this guy the time of day?

It baffles me how Rhett Shull is all over YT. He knows Rick Beato. Big deal. I've tried to get him to post something in music he's done over the last decade, and he won't. All his website shows are the presets he seems to cop from modelers and then sells them. I just don't get it. Why do people like Tim and Rick give this guy the time of day?
Heh...he's not popular because of Rick Beato - he helped Rick get his YouTube channel started.

When you say you've tried to get him to post something in music that he's done, and he won't, what do you mean? He's posted tons of tour videos...what is it you want to see out of him?

Heh...he's not popular because of Rick Beato - he helped Rick get his YouTube channel started.

When you say you've tried to get him to post something in music that he's done, and he won't, what do you mean? He's posted tons of tour videos...what is it you want to see out of him?

Still. He helped a YTer start his channel. Big deal. I've done that, too.

He has nothing on his website about any of his actual musical endeavors.

He toured as a sideman. Once. Many years ago. And has a church band. I've asked him in on his YT to elaborate on his music career, and where we can hear his solo work. Nothing. I just don't see why he seems so popular. His demeanor on YT is bleh, and even some of his advice is highly suspect. Especially with respect to the Axe Fx III.

Listen. I know Rick Beato and Tim Pierce are monsters in the music industry. So where does Rhett Shull fit in? As far as I can tell, he doesn't.

Still. He helped a YTer start his channel. Big deal. I've done that, too.

He has nothing on his website about any of his actual musical endeavors.

He toured as a sideman. Once. Many years ago. And has a church band. I've asked him in on his YT to elaborate on his music career, and where we can hear his solo work. Nothing. I just don't see why he seems so popular. His demeanor on YT is bleh, and even some of his advice is highly suspect. Especially with respect to the Axe Fx III.

Listen. I know Rick Beato and Tim Pierce are monsters in the music industry. So where does Rhett Shull fit in? As far as I can tell, he doesn't.
He's done more than one tour, that's easily confirmed by looking through his videos.

His not answering you != him hiding from answering you. AFAIK, he doesn't answer anyone in his comments, and it sounds like you were probably being belligerent, so why would he make an exception for you? You helping someone start a YouTube channel...do you have a big following? Does the person you helped get started have a big following now? If not, then it's not really the same thing.

I'm not a big fan of Rhett's - I watch the occasional video, but ignore most of them. But he's got some hustle and done well for himself. I get that a lot of people who use fractal products hate him because he said something negative, and had a click baity title to a video (while also saying it's the best modeler), but I feel like the antipathy directed towards him by fractal users is a little over the top.

He's done more than one tour, that's easily confirmed by looking through his videos.

His not answering you != him hiding from answering you. AFAIK, he doesn't answer anyone in his comments, and it sounds like you were probably being belligerent, so why would he make an exception for you? You helping someone start a YouTube channel...do you have a big following? Does the person you helped get started have a big following now? If not, then it's not really the same thing.

I'm not a big fan of Rhett's - I watch the occasional video, but ignore most of them. But he's got some hustle and done well for himself. I get that a lot of people who use fractal products hate him because he said something negative, and had a click baity title to a video (while also saying it's the best modeler), but I feel like the antipathy directed towards him by fractal users is a little over the top.

Actually he hasn't. He never toured with his church band. He does local shows only. Which isn't "touring".

"Sounds like I was being belligerent"? How in the world can you glean that from my post? Can you show me anywhere in any of his comments sections where you can prove this? I asked him if where he was touring and if he has more information about his musical endeavors. It's good PR to be able to answer those questions, no? He has nothing about it on his webpage, and has no Wiki associated with him where someone can view his actual musical credentials. Why doesn't he put that on his website, if he is so busy? Because he's not.

I was involved in a live stream with him some time ago. Whenever he was asked questions he didn't like, HE got belligerent! He gets antipathy because he admits to having an Axe Fx III for over 2 YEARS and still has complaints about how to use the front panel. And got the unit for free. His criticism of the modeler was a laughable. Like he didn't even out in any effort to get to know it. THEN he modified some factory presets and tries to sell them as if he created them. Come on, man. He deserves the ire he gets.

Actually he hasn't. He never toured with his church band. He does local shows only. Which isn't "touring".

"Sounds like I was being belligerent"? How in the world can you glean that from my post? Can you show me anywhere in any of his comments sections where you can prove this? I asked him if where he was touring and if he has more information about his musical endeavors. It's good PR to be able to answer those questions, no? He has nothing about it on his webpage, and has no Wiki associated with him where someone can view his actual musical credentials. Why doesn't he put that on his website, if he is so busy? Because he's not.

I was involved in a live stream with him some time ago. Whenever he was asked questions he didn't like, HE got belligerent! He gets antipathy because he admits to having an Axe Fx III for over 2 YEARS and still has complaints about how to use the front panel. And got the unit for free. His criticism of the modeler was a laughable. Like he didn't even out in any effort to get to know it. THEN he modified some factory presets and tries to sell them as if he created them. Come on, man. He deserves the ire he gets.
If you say so. I don't spend a single second of my life worrying about it, but you do you.

It kind of made me nauseous how he said he was given a fractal to review and let it sit there for two years because he couldn't figure out the interface.

I highly do not like him or his personality.

Thats putting it lightly. Fractal aside he seems so douchey... because..... he IS.

Back
Top Bottom