Avoiding sound cut between presets (beyond spillover)?

JohnT

I have an external looper (Boss RC500) connected to the FM3's in/out jacks and using that unit's drum tracks. Using the FM3's song function, I have complete songs set up, where I cycle through scenes in a preset for different song parts.

This all works great, and I'm using Moke's bass preset to do bass in each song. However, that requires me to switch presets at one point during the loop. When I do that, the loop sound (including drums and anything else I have going in the loop) stops momentarily until the new preset loads.

Is it possible to prevent that delay when switching between presets? I'm guessing not. I tried using this approach, but the bass preset is entirely different than typical guitar presets and won't work within a different scene of one preset. I assume I can't apply the spillover setting to the output2/input2 of the looper.

Any ideas? Thanks!

yeah, this is a problem (i'm a looper myself). i ended up using a separate looper, because there doesn't seem to be any way round it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem, but couldn't this be solved by routing? If you're using the RC500 for looping, just run the FM3 into that instead of the other way around. You'll still have an audio gap on the FM3 side but it won't interrupt the loop.

yes, that's the way. run in series, rather than run the looper in the fm3 out2/in2 loop

i actually didn't read the initial post properly, i thought you were using the looper block in the fractal

Back
Top Bottom