Avenged Sevenfold - Synyster Gates rig with Axe-fx2

javajunkie

I went and saw A7X last night. I got a chance to talk to his guitar tech and get a tour of his rig and set up.
Synyster just started using the Axe-fx II for this tour.
He is using the Axe-fx for effects. He is using the pitch shifting extensively. He has programmed several custom scales to match the harmonies from the albums. The harmonies sounded awesome live.

Here are a few pics.

20130902_195846.jpg

20130902_195853.jpg

cool , they are my guilty pleasure; on you tube that hellwin amp (a demo I saw) sounded horrific, likely better in person? Will he try axe for amps ?

cool , they are my guilty pleasure; on you tube that hellwin amp (a demo I saw) sounded horrific, likely better in person? Will he try axe for amps ?

They sounded good live. Not sure about using the amps live.

Last edited:
Hate to necrobump but now that the rig video is up and Facebook seems to have caught on to this thought it would be okay. Java, because of the custom scales and such it makes me wonder, is he going to be doing all the harmonies himself? As a big Avenged Sevenfold fan, I always thought their live show was lacking a bit, most notably when Syn and Zacky went to play their harmonized leads and no one was left playing rhythm. Talk about empty!

Back
Top Bottom