Avatar 2 was amazing! no spoilers

I'm still astounded to this day that it's the biggest moneymaker of all time.
Well pop movies necessarily cracked the code to make $,$$$,$$$,$$$. Plus people want to get out of the f'ing house even if to watch something familiar and derivative in a sticky, sticky theater with annoying people.

Yup, can't wait for Violent Night to come to streaming. I'm sure it's stupid and violent and that's exactly what I like sometimes. Guilty pleasure.
I was so hoping for a short cameo with Lee Majors... 'The Night the Reindeer Died' This Christmas eve, on IBC

Do you think it's because he has more sequels planned?
Well the ending is designed for more sequels, isn't it? Nevertheless, that could be achieved by more interesting plots I think. That said, I have to repeat that the visuals are really spectacular. Already the first Avatar has been a step into an new technical dimension in film making imo.

No questioning the scale and quality of production on this movie. Cameron's love of the ocean really strikes you. Refreshing to see large screen movies like Top Gun return after years of streaming tier movie productions. Storywise: meh. It's basically Dances with Wolves meets Free Willy. I still enjoyed watching it though.

Triangle of Sadness ... wow ... you have to make it through the first 30 minutes but then: funny, painful, bizarre, and real.

Guess you need to be a real sci fi freak like me. I love them all. Even the Hobbit trilogy that also got a bad rap.
I'll enjoy it.
NOT in 3D, in my home!
TRUE STORY: The last movie I saw in a theater was the NYC premiere of the "Exorcist" early 70's. Had this, uh, well, think little orange barrels. Waited hours freezing cold with fires in steel drums to keep warm just to get tickets. Then a few more hours to get in. We were 2 couples. We couldn't sit together and I was stuck between some strange folks.
Never been to an indoor theater since :)

I found myself legitimately grinning ear to ear at many times throughout the movie. That is not a reaction I get watching movies.

Silly question but is this better than the original? I'm way in the minority as I never thought much of the first Avatar at all, just looked like a fancy pixar movie to me with a "been here, seen this plot before" vibe, heh. So now we have the sequel but it also looks like a cartoon (a beautiful cartoon for sure, but still a cgi/animated experience) to me as well....but I'd be okay with that this time if the story is great/better?!

Silly question but is this better than the original? I'm way in the minority as I never thought much of the first Avatar at all, just looked like a fancy pixar movie to me with a "been here, seen this plot before" vibe, heh. So now we have the sequel but it also looks like a cartoon (a beautiful cartoon for sure, but still a cgi/animated experience) to me as well....but I'd be okay with that this time if the story is great/better?!
Did you see the first one in 3D?

Back
Top Bottom