AVALON U51 and the Axe-Fx??

Why would you plug a $600 preamp/DI into a $2200 preamp/DI. It's like putting a Honda Civic in the trunk of your Maserati.

Actually, that's a stupid reply on my part. I can imagine the Avalon is a great device, although I'm not sure if it'd be useful in conjunction with the AFX.

Last edited:
l
Why would you plug a $600 preamp/DI into a $2200 preamp/DI. It's like putting a Honda Civic in the trunk of your Maserati.

Actually, that's a stupid reply on my part. I can imagine the Avalon is a great device, although I'm not sure if it'd be useful in conjunction with the AFX.

lol those are my thoughts exactly haha just had to ask. I have someone that was wanting to try it so I thought I would consult the forum.

I actually use a pair of U5s for my acoustic guitars going into input 2. My pickups are passive and the u5 has the correct impedance, or close enough, and can bump the levels of those passive pups to acceptable levels. So, there are situations where they come in handy with the axe. If you ever run acoustics w/ passive pups, in my case I use the bags lb6 and a K&K pure western, you need a good preamp with fairly high impedance, commonly 2 mohms

Back
Top Bottom