Availability

base.jpg

i couldn't resist.

I don't need pre-made presets like a lot of other guys, but I understand why they make them. I don't think that should hold up getting the unit out though.

I hope this doesn't turn into an fx8 like wait/delay...

I don't need pre-made presets like a lot of other guys, but I understand why they make them. I don't think that should hold up getting the unit out though.

I hope this doesn't turn into an fx8 like wait/delay...

A lot of that was caused by overseas manufacturing and delays I believe .I remember a post where Cliff said things could go from 60 days to 120 days . and did ,also they had issues with the chrome silver plates and silk screening i think it was an unusual situation

A lot of that was caused by overseas manufacturing and delays I believe .I remember a post where Cliff said things could go from 60 days to 120 days . and did ,also they had issues with the chrome silver plates and silk screening i think it was an unusual situation
Gotcha. Hopefully that's not the case here, and they're just finalizing last minute things to make the ax8 a successful launch. :)

Funny they are spending all this time making presets for 95% of the buyers to overwrite them:rolleyes:.
For me the presets are important.
If you get the machine you will not start to fiddle every parameter to get a good sound.
If you have a lot of good and different preset then you jump though some and catch that one that comes to nearest what you want. Often i was sinking to fiddle it better "later" and didn't have the time. So i stood with a good preset.

I usually save the presets somewhere and start clean, so for me it's just a time loss. I just have until the 15th to order to the US, then it's EU list and a stupidly longer wait...
From a selling product standpoint, I can understand they ship full, it's just a personal inconvenience.

I don't know Fractal's company structure but if someone is writing patches for AX8 it might be in combination with QA or something similar that would not impact the schedule -- actually improve the product instead. And in this age of first impressions, a good set of patches are important .

...which reminds me to go back to work and fix product software so it could be shipped...

Factory presets most of us(Me anyway) don't use…….

The AX8 could easily have been released without any patches and patches could be released when they were ready. Given that option I would have jumped RIGHT in.

But patient as I am, I´ll be waiting.

Kind regards

AAEN

I suspected they'd be spending a lot of time on presets for this release. This is probably going to be the biggest introduction of a Fractal product to new users they have ever had. The first impression has to be a good one. And this is especially true since the Helix is a direct competitor. There will be lots of people debating which of the two to buy, many comparing them head to head. Great presets will make a huge impact on who chooses Fractal.

But I'm with you guys. Send me the AX8 now without any presets and I'll be happy.

Since the AX8 presets are based on the AxeII presets, why can't they just port them over, block by block while leaving out dual amps and fx not in the AX8?

I'd guess it's because they haven't updated the presets in 9 months, which was a few firmware versions ago, including Quantum. And as Matt said, he wanted to showcase the effects. It may have been even longer since the more effect-heavy presets have been modified.

I suspected they'd be spending a lot of time on presets for this release. This is probably going to be the biggest introduction of a Fractal product to new users they have ever had. The first impression has to be a good one. And this is especially true since the Helix is a direct competitor. There will be lots of people debating which of the two to buy, many comparing them head to head. Great presets will make a huge impact on who chooses Fractal.

But I'm with you guys. Send me the AX8 now without any presets and I'll be happy.

Coming over from the L6 side of things I can tell you that in the HD and Helix forums, poorly done presets is one of the biggest thing that they complained about over there. They always used Fractal as an example of what they expected as far as usable tones right out of the box. It could become quite a argument sometimes and came up quite frequently. So since those folks feel that way and presumably many of them will be poached by the AX8 along with many others that might know very little about amp modeling I would think it would serve Fractal well to have a good bank of them. I'm no genius myself so I would be trolling through looking for something that matched close enough and then tweaking it to my tastes. that is until I get use to how the thing works.

Cliff needs to invent the tech to clone Matt a few times so can make presets while another Virtual Matt finishes the manual, and another Matt deals with artist relations, etc.

I've just put my name on the waiting list. My guess is I will not make the cut for the first batch. I sold my XL several months ago, just before G3 modeling. Damn dose it's seems to have come a long way ever since with Quantum?

Back
Top Bottom