Automatic preset scene switching

Hello everyone,
Is there a way or setting that automatically selects scene 1 when changing presets?
My unit stays on the last selected scene when I change presets.

Hello everyone,
Is there a way or setting that automatically selects scene 1 when changing presets?
My unit stays on the last selected scene when I change presets.

Only until you power off. You can set the default scene for each preset individually. Unfortunately not in AX8-Edit but on the unit only.

From the Manual......... (Sounds like you have it set to 'Current'?)

DEFAULT SCENE

Normally, when you load a preset, it starts with Scene 1 selected. The AX8 offers two ways, however, to change the Scene that is selected when you load a new preset.

TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT SCENE GLOBALLY...

The SETTINGS page of the GLOBAL menu (p. 79) includes an option called DEFAULT SCENE. This globally determines which scene will be pre-loaded whenever a new preset is selected. Options include Scenes 1–8, or “CURRENT”, which causes the current scene to remain selected when the preset changes. For example, if you had separate Clean and Crunch presets each set up with Delay and Reverb OFF in Scene 1 and ON in Scene 2, you could begin on the Clean preset, switch to Scene 2 to turn the Delay and Reverb ON, then change to your Crunch preset where Scene 2 would be pre-selected—causing the Delay and Reverb to remain ON.

TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT SCENE FOR A SPECIFIC PRESET...

You can also change the default scene for an individual preset. Find the preset-level DEFAULT SCENE parameter on the Config (CFG) page of the main menu. (Press PAGE 3x from the Footswitch Screen.) Options include Scenes 1–8, or “CURRENT”, which causes the current scene to remain selected when the preset changes. The default setting of GLOBAL causes the preset to NOT specify its own Default Scene. Instead, it will refer to the Global Setting for DEFAULT SCENE (above).

I just sat down with my AX8. I found the "Default Scene" setting. It is set to 1, but it doesn't switch to scene 1 when I change presets. Am I missing something? I've included a picture.

Attachments

• 20190724_174347.jpg
    20190724_174347.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 8
I actually figured out the situation. I use a Voes hr 5 button controller To add 5 extra buttons that I use for my scene switching. The AX8 is switching to preset 1 but the Voes is not. I control a Big Sky Through midi. I have to learn how to Do this if it's possible.

I see that the AX8 switches to scene 1, but the Voes MC5jr does not. I have the Big Sky set to midi channel 5, and the works great. And i have the midi out going to the MC5jr. Everything works great as far is pressing one of the 5 buttons in it switches between the scenes. But now I just realize that I have to get the AX8 to switch the buttons on the controller per preset. Is that asking too much?

I see that the AX8 switches to scene 1, but the Voes MC5jr does not. I have the Big Sky set to midi channel 5, and the works great. And i have the midi out going to the MC5jr. Everything works great as far is pressing one of the 5 buttons in it switches between the scenes. But now I just realize that I have to get the AX8 to switch the buttons on the controller per preset. Is that asking too much?
You probably need to ask @voes if that is possible...

Back
Top Bottom