Wish Automatic Looper support in Axe-Manage Cabs

touch33

Experienced
Having been recently introduced to Axe-Manage Cabs and it's "Audition" functions, I think it would be great to be able to integrate some Looper support into Axe-Manage Cabs.

In my Perfect World, Cabs wouldn't require me to add the Looper Block to my Audition preset but would provide the ability to record a quick riff and from that point simply click an "Enable Loop" button (next to "Auto-Audition"?) which would restart the loop playback whenever an IR is clicked on in Auto-Audition mode.

I can envision having manual Loop RECORD and STOP controls as part of the the functions in the "Cab Audition Easy Set-Up" window that appears the first time that the "Auto-Audition" button is pressed so that the Audition Page itself doesn't get too cluttered. I can also see there being a dedicated "Loop Set-Up" window similar to the Easy Set-Up window...

SO – nothing complicated, but I think it would REALLY speed up the process of auditioning IR's.

Hope to see it soon!

i like the idea, but what if your current preset doesn't have enough CPU to add a looper?

Chris -
That’s sort of the whole point behind my suggestion of not utilizing the existing Looper Block (which contains features that are completely unnecessary to this function and, hence, I assume has a higher-than-necessary CPU load) to be added to the Audition Preset to be used.

That said, I can see where my use of the words Loop/Looper could be easily misconstrued. Perhaps a dedicated Audition single-shot recorder of very limited duration (10 seconds max - maybe even less?) and no overdub, etc. would be plenty.

(Something tells me that nobody is auditioning IR’s with anything but a short riff to begin with - but if the short riff isn’t enough, uncheck the “AutoPlay” function and do it Old School manually once you think you’ve found The Cab You Seek and you can noodle to your heart’s content. Yes?)

Just something to relieve me of having to play and play and play and play a riff whilst trying to audition IR’s rapidly.

In cases of the Preset already approaching max capacity, a pop-up warning stating that “this feature can not be supported with the present Preset configuration - please reduce CPU load slightly and try again!” could be used.

Again - a VERY minimal recorder is what’s called for.
Bruce

Whilst actively Wishing away, t’would also be handy to be able to save/recall “riffs” for re-use, or have the active riff be “sticky” until recorded over (or at least until the current Axe-Edit session is closed). Would be inconvenient to lose my riff each time the Axe-Manage Cabs window gets closed.

I assume this would mean the extra work to USB some 1’s & 0’s back and forth between the AxeFX and the computer but, hey - a man’s gotta have a dream...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom