Automated changes + MFC?

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I'm starting to look at automating my switches via PC (sync'd with click and lighting). Can I have my MFC plugged in via Ethernet and still accept changes off the click track?

Reason: Tuner and wah control.

I think, just think, that you can send a MIDI cable from the computer/interface to the midi INPUT of your MFC.

So, the midi commands sent by de computer will control your MFC/AXE, and you'll still have the ability to send program/scene/CC Changes in real time from the MCF.

That's what I was thinking too. I'll email support and make sure. I don't want to fry anything.

I'm doing this thru the DAW to the AXE via USB and have the mfc connected via ethernet. Works great but I do send my change commands about a 1/16~1/32 note before the change is actually needed due to a little lag. But its really nice not to have to do the pedal dance.

I'm doing this thru the DAW to the AXE via USB and have the mfc connected via ethernet. Works great but I do send my change commands about a 1/16~1/32 note before the change is actually needed due to a little lag. But its really nice not to have to do the pedal dance.

I do the same thing in one of my playing situations. A laptop sends MIDI commands via USB to the Axe-Fx. The MFC follows along nicely, and you can still use the MFC/expression pedals whenever you want.

How far in front of the beat you need to put your changes will vary on what you're changing, and how solid your drummer's time is. Most of my MIDI changes are CC #34 scene change commands, which switch faster on the Axe than patch/program changes. Since the drummer in that band very rarely pushes the click at all, 95% of my changes are almost on the beat. There's a couple more intense sections of tunes that I give some extra leeway, just in case we're getting excited. There's a special kind of frustration that occurs when you go to hit that big dirty chord and the attack portion of the note is still clean. :shock

Not having to step on anything is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom