Auto-Wah?

Is there an auto-wah (like a Q-Tron) in the AX-8?
Yes. Whichever definition of "auto-wah" that you mean. :)

There's a superb and very flexible wah. Besides a footpedal, you can connect it to an envelope follower, a free-running oscillator, of a sequencer for all kinds of automation.

Can you help me get the filter going.. I just got my board and do not get why they made this so hard..
So frustrated!
Hey Sheldon - I'm the guy from Facebook that directed you to the forum. :)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by hard?

Did you add a Wah block to your preset and then put the settings in as detailed in the first post of this thread?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-does-grateful-dead-mutron-iii-effect.112794/

If you have not already, I would strongly encourage you to read the whole manual. The Fractal products are really powerful, but some things do take a little work.

Is there an auto-wah (like a Q-Tron) in the AX-8?

It depends on how picky you are about it.

If you are a Mutron fan, like me, the Grateful Dead Mutron thread posted above is the shiznit. I was never able to get close to the Mutron before that thread. That is the best Mutron emulation I've seen revealed on the forum.

If you are not too picky, then you can just use a wah or filter block with a controller assigned to it. Usually envelope is the controller of the frequency.

Forum search for autowah and you will see lots of threads.

Back
Top Bottom