Auto Wah Anyone?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey guys,

Might be a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway. I don't have my MFC-101 yet so I'm just messing about recording on my mac or with headphones. Until I get my midi board I'll get some exp pedals and use the wah with my mark v.

Is it possible to simulate an auto wah without using an expression pedal? I just wanna try the wah out and see what its like. Or sometimes its easier for me to programme an auto wah in a patch which saves me from engaging my actual wah as I'm usually singing.

Thanks in advance

Paul

What would you need the expression pedal for with an auto wah? It's "auto" because it works without you rocking the pedal, either in a constant tempo (which the Axe can do - modifier LFO) or trigger by the velocity of your playing (whoch the Axe can also do - modifier Envelope).

What would you need the expression pedal for with an auto wah? It's "auto" because it works without you rocking the pedal, either in a constant tempo (which the Axe can do - modifier LFO) or trigger by the velocity of your playing (whoch the Axe can also do - modifier Envelope).

I wouldn't I would want the option to do both. I'm just saying for the moment an auto wah would suit me as I haven't bought the MFC or my exp pedals yet. I just wanted to know how to set up an auto wah up?

Thanks

Paul

Quick way to do it would be to stick in a wah block, go to the control setting in the wah block, hit enter and then assign it to LFO 1A. Boom, done. Edit stuff if you want to change anything in the LFO. You can also assign it to an envelope, or however you want it to work.

Quick way to do it would be to stick in a wah block, go to the control setting in the wah block, hit enter and then assign it to LFO 1A. Boom, done. Edit stuff if you want to change anything in the LFO. You can also assign it to an envelope, or however you want it to work.

Got it, Just tried it sounds awesome thanks for your help.

Paul

Ok so I've managed to setup an LFO on the ax fx no problems. I just wondered how to set it in axe edit? I've tried clicking on the controller tab but I can't seem to set an overall control it just lets me set the control level to a certain point. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Paul

Back
Top Bottom