Wish Auto tempo detection

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Is this possible? Would be super cool if you could set an upper and lower limit, and if it would sync the timing also to what you are playing. Set your delays to tempo detect and never have to tap tempo between songs. Maybe an input source selector so you could use a aux input from another source.

+1. It'd be awesome to be able to set tempo via muted strum/pick instead of a footswitch, especially if you have zero rhythm in your feet/legs. I have a wicked case of "someone else's foot" when it comes to things like tapping a tempo....

I was thinking more along the lines it would just pickup the tempo based on your playing. It even sure if that’s possible or not.. but if I was.. I know a guy who could probably figure it out.

Does any other gear do this? Other than a Looper where you start and stop? I can’t see how it could know what I’m playing regarding tempo. If I play a syncopated pattern how would it know?

+1. It'd be awesome to be able to set tempo via muted strum/pick instead of a footswitch, especially if you have zero rhythm in your feet/legs. I have a wicked case of "someone else's foot" when it comes to things like tapping a tempo....
There is a wish for this...

Does any other gear do this? Other than a Looper where you start and stop? I can’t see how it could know what I’m playing regarding tempo. If I play a syncopated pattern how would it know?

Would probably need to trigger a ‘start’ and ‘stop’ point for the unit to listen and then time the average interval between signals above a certain threshold. I would be concerned about the consistency of this approach - would be hard to ensure a good, clear signal every time that would be detected correctly and the same way (too much potential for little noises to throw things off). And by the time you trigger a start and stop event, probably via a foot switch, you might as well plug the tempo in with your foot anyways?

But who am I to really know? I’m not an engineer.

Yes "audio tapping" is available in some gear. My TC Nova Repeater has it - you hold the tap switch and do some muted strumming. I never really used it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom