auto-engage not disengaging

eda123

Inspired
hi all,

ive got an EP with autoengage setup with medium as the response, and it engages fine- just never disengages. is there something i need to do to ensure the EP disengages?

Go to your modifier page (press enter on the parameter you are controlling) and look at the graph as you move the pedal. Is it really moving through the entire range?

Some think their pedal is calibrated, but it really isn't. That's the only reason it wouldn't disengage, if it isn't actually moving past the engage threshold.

Yep, every preset. I have to double-press my MFC preset button to reload the patch and disengage the way.

Happened to me on a show last night as well. I have mine always configured as a wha control. Engaged correctly, but did not disengage - I had to select another preset then come back. I plan on more testing tomorrow.

Sean/all-

I re-verified that on the modifier page of the Axe front panel that the dot is moving along the curve for its full range. Calibrated using MFC (did this again just to be sure).

Sounds as if the pedal is not going fully to the toe up position and thus is above the "on" threshold. I'd try to increase the bottom threshold to 15% to see if it works properly that way as an elimination step to finding the problem.

What's "off value" set to? Are you aware that the pedal has to move below it (or above it for values over 50%) to disengage the block?

If it's at 5% you could try turning it up to something like 25%, just in case the pedal isn't quite moving below 5%. It can be tough to judge whether the dot is moving through the full range because (on the Axe 1 at least) by around 7.5% it's already touching the edge/corner of the graph.

That was it! The off value was too low. Raised it to 30 and now working great!

Such as high value shouldn't be necessary at all. It does indicate that your pedal is not fully calibrated.
Or did you perhaps change the "XP1 Min 000 Max 128" setting on the MFC (EDit > MIDI)?

Back
Top Bottom