Auto Engage is da Shiz folks!

spikey

Experienced
Im using an FCB 1010 with my AxeFX II. Ive been setting up a scene where it engages the wah wah, and just today I setup Auto Engage with an Off value threshold. If you try and match the low end of the wah frequency with the low end tone of the amp & Cab its magic!!! You can engage the wah from heel down position with hardly a bump in frequency change from the tone of the patch... Im impressed with this... WOW!!! :mrgreen

Reactions: LVC
thanks, and this "If you try and match the low end of the wah frequency with the low end tone of the amp & Cab its magic". What is the frequency of the frequency of the amp and cab?

I'm confused by this(don't take much)-What are we listening for?_The low end tone of an amp.
I matched (or tried to match by ear) the low end of the amps tone compaired to the low end of the wah's tone when near heel back position. That way, when you switch it on (by movement of the midi pedal toward the toe position) the "bump" or frequency shift of the pitch is minimal... You dont hear it come on until you move the pedal forward. No click, no bump...

I read above and understand better now. No CLICK, smooth transition................

Also I WISH they would get the MFC's in stock...........

Any recorded example of this in action? Just asking in case someone does.

I have another method: I use auto engage toe down. Meaning my Wah goes off when I leave the pedal all the way toe down. I set the impedance to 1 Meg and the transition is quite smooth that way. I did not want to risk my pedal sinking. Although with the new 11.03 auto engage system, that's no longer a concern. Still, I like being able to go all the way toe up and leave it engaged there for effect.

I matched (or tried to match by ear) the low end of the amps tone compaired to the low end of the wah's tone when near heel back position. That way, when you switch it on (by movement of the midi pedal toward the toe position) the "bump" or frequency shift of the pitch is minimal... You dont hear it come on until you move the pedal forward. No click, no bump...

Near Seemless wah engagement. Cool will give it a try later tonight

Back
Top Bottom